Would McCabe make the Italian team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Mccabe is weak defensively. He should strickly be used on the powerplay where he is the most effective.

Norris Trophy candidate??? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
speaking of the italian team, why do italian-canadians cheer for Italy in soccer but canada in hockey? pick a country and stick with it.

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
boredmale said:
speaking of the italian team, why do italian-canadians cheer for Italy in soccer but canada in hockey? pick a country and stick with it.

they are opportunist... they cheer for the best team

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
OK, he obviously isn't Italian. But he's horrendous(I know he's good on the pp) and they've only played Italy and Germany. Those teams don't exactly strike fear. What happens when he's on against real talent? :help:

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
shawn_kemp said:
McCabe = Canada's scapegoat

How do you figure? Who else should be getting blamed for McCabe playing poorly?

Edit: In before the inevitable lock soon to come. ;)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Jazz said:
I'm still wondering why he was even named to the team.... :dunno:

If i am correct he does lead the league in points for a defenseman. I am not a leafs fan, but that has to be worth something

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
boredmale said:
If i am correct he does lead the league in points for a defenseman. I am not a leafs fan, but that has to be worth something

And he's a warrior on the PP. McCabe had a bad game IMO but he doesn't flat out SUCK.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
I love all the Leaf Haters, get a life! Who else do you want in there?

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
boredmale said:

that's actually a lingering misnomer. at the break, McCabe is 50th in the league in points, and 3rd among defencement, with both the Slovak Lubomir Visnovsky and Nick Lindstrom ahead of him.

he is, however, leading in the Olympics in bonehead misconducts.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Realm said:
I love all the Leaf Haters, get a life! Who else do you want in there?

I have no problem with Quinn playing him on the pp. But if he can'y play 5 on 5 against Italy and/or Germany then he should sit, except on pp.

NBHABSFAN

Mar 17, 2004
Ottawa
Phlyerphan said:
I have no problem with Quinn playing him on the pp. But if he can'y play 5 on 5 against Italy and/or Germany then he should sit, except on pp.

I agree with that. I like him but he looked out of place today, and made some bad plays and took a couple dumb penalties. He is however dynamite on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->