would crosby be as good playing in the whl or the ohl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
markov` said:
Are you kidding me? If Crosby played in the London Knights he would be with Dylan Hunter and Corey Perry, and I think that Crosby would have maybe a 160-170 points season. Playing in the best team in the CHL and with such linemates would boost his point totals.

In the WHL, with some decent linemates, he would put up 130-140 points.

He wrote NOT the London Knights.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I dont know whether people just choose to ignore the goals/game of each league but the OHL is scoring more than the QMJHL this year and the WHL is just slightly behind the QMJHL.

SHUUUUUUUUTTTT. You will disturbed the defensive prospects coming from the West for our pleasure in a super-defensive future NHL.

And yes, let's say i'm been half-way sarcastic.

espo*

The kid would be great anywhere....he'd be the 1st or 2nd best player in either the "o" or "w" and he's only 17.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
well when I was at the Canada Winter Games...Crosby was Nova Scotias only player...they played Manitoba where the yhad Cam Barker on him at all times and they would have Eric Hunter glued to Crosby as well, he got first star, scored the goal with 1 sec left to put the game into OT and set up the OT Winner having Barker and Hunter dragged on him. Crosby lead the entire tourny in points as a 15 year old as the only other 15 year olds there were Bertram, Brule, Latendresse, Bourdon, Ryder. Crosby won the scoring title on the 2nd worst skilled team in the tourny, and won it over guys like Wolski, McGrath, Brule, Bertram, Joe Barnes, Chipchura, Rabbit. He was also able to handle the likes of Barker, Fistric, Wes O'Neil, Siglat in this tourny. The Western teams couldn't stop him either, IMO his production wouldn't be too much lower in the W. What does he have now like 75 points or someting well if tahts what he has I would say he would have 70 points in the WHL.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
moosefan said:
well when I was at the Canada Winter Games...Crosby was Nova Scotias only player...they played Manitoba where the yhad Cam Barker on him at all times and they would have Eric Hunter glued to Crosby as well, he got first star, scored the goal with 1 sec left to put the game into OT and set up the OT Winner having Barker and Hunter dragged on him. Crosby lead the entire tourny in points as a 15 year old as the only other 15 year olds there were Bertram, Brule, Latendresse, Bourdon, Ryder. Crosby won the scoring title on the 2nd worst skilled team in the tourny, and won it over guys like Wolski, McGrath, Brule, Bertram, Joe Barnes, Chipchura, Rabbit. He was also able to handle the likes of Barker, Fistric, Wes O'Neil, Siglat in this tourny. The Western teams couldn't stop him either, IMO his production wouldn't be too much lower in the W. What does he have now like 75 points or someting well if tahts what he has I would say he would have 70 points in the WHL.

It all depends of his linemates. If you put premium winger on his side, in any chl league, he could have gotten more point than he's got with Rimouski right now. Pouliot is good, Roussin is alright but besides them (and Crosby either doesn't play with them or plays on the wing) Rimouski doesn't have too many skilled forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad