would Bob Nicholson be a good choice to replace Kevin Lowe

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Today on Prime Time Sports, the possibility of Bob Nicholson becoming the new GM was brought up while discussing Vancouver. Bob McCown mentioned Edmonton was a city that that could be mentioned in the same sentence as Nicholson. It was one of those "I'm not saying, I'm just saying" kind of things. John Shannon said that Katz and Nicholson are very good friends.

I am not quoting them precisely, but that was sort of the gist of the comments.

Another advisor?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I think they were referring to the POHO spot. Probably means Lowe moves into a newly created position, The Lord of the Rings.

Are you saying to get rid of KLowe we must throw his first ring into the fires of Mount Doom?

BTW, do you know any hobbits?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Today on Prime Time Sports, the possibility of Bob Nicholson becoming the new GM was brought up while discussing Vancouver. Bob McCown mentioned Edmonton was a city that that could be mentioned in the same sentence as Nicholson. It was one of those "I'm not saying, I'm just saying" kind of things. John Shannon said that Katz and Nicholson are very good friends.

I am not quoting them precisely, but that was sort of the gist of the comments.
I've been posting that Nicholson was coming here since the day he announced he was stepping down from Hockey Canada last week because he and Katz are good friends. Funny how those guys didn't mention Edmonton as a landing spot for him until today. First they were convinced he was heading to Vancouver and when Linden was hired they speculated it was Toronto. Now that Shanahan has that job they're moving down their list. I think Lowe has to step down first. Now that Smyth has had his retirement press conference I think it'll happen next week, probably before the draft lottery.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
As a replacement for Kevin Lowe I'd go with Bob Mackenzie.

I'm convinced that he knows next to everything he'd need to know. He doesn't throw names out in a way that it would piss off other clubs, so I imagine he's probably on good terms with a lot of the big potatoes in the hockey word.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad