Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cody Ceci Trade Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Well I think the clear intent of the thread is to hang on to bitterness, mostly derived from Dorion's moves.

It's done. It's over. Serves no purpose.
I could see why some see it that way and there's an element of that for sure, but that's the nature of a board for a team in the gutter on shaky ground after 6 lost seasons talking about needing to re-tool. Its still an analyzing period of why the rebuild didnt work as planned.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'll wait for the best trades thread.

We're doing that one too, right?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
3 reasons for this :

- we have nothing to play for. Off-seasons have been long in Ottawa, ours has already started for a while

- not everyone has looked into this to know exactly what happened. Some even shocked me as they were even WORSE than I thought, if that's even possible.

- it shows EXACTLY what we need Staios to NOT do. It's ok if he is not perfect and not every move turns out well but there's got to be a GOD DAMN limit. I'll go on a limb and say he won't do as nearly self damage while being in a much harder set up (need to compete vs full rebuild)

Didn't Mika also technically become Brassard? Anyhow, I voted Mika.

Yes. Mika + 2nd for Brassard +7th (but the pick was Luke Loheit)

Then traded Brassard for Gustavsson, 1st, etc but traded Gustavsson for an UFA goalie and used the 1st to trade down and draft JBD and Tychonick

Fans who wanted the team to be succesful

I really really care because I'd like to bring friends or family to Ottawa to catch a playoff game but I am kind of ashamed to bring them see a team that has missed the playoffs for 7 straight years and only have played shiny hockey after Christmas

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Living in the past is for high school jocks working at a car wash.

Talk about being judgmental lmao

Lessons can be learned from past mistakes.

Not really rocket science. Dorion personally taught me a lot, I don't think I have ever witnessed so much self inflicted damage by a GM in such an easy set up, not even Milbury

Pierre Dorion is most likely the worst GM of all time and maybe in many sports

1- Karlsson
2- Pageau
3- Tarasenko for 3rd + 4th ???
4- Paul for Joseph + 4th ???

Outside of these, Dorion has probably lost every single significant trade, or at least trade trees

Reactions: Cosmix and bicboi64

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I think we're all curious to see how you'd rank the best trades... Let's hear it out
Derick Brassard from the Ottawa Senators in a three-team trade that also included the Vegas Golden Knights.
As part of the deal, Pittsburgh sent defenseman Ian Cole, goalie Filip Gustavsson, a 2018 first-round draft pick and a 2019 third-round selection to the Sens

Robbery.... almost as good as the EK65 trade

Reactions: Micklebot

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Every GM that takes over a team has to deal with what was left behind from his predecesor. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, usually a mix of both. Once The Pick is forfeited, then it's moving on time. The Pick is the icing on the cake of Dorion's reign.
The Pick will never be forgotten, nor forgiven!

Not yet sure about that. High hopes though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Derick Brassard from the Ottawa Senators in a three-team trade that also included the Vegas Golden Knights.
As part of the deal, Pittsburgh sent defenseman Ian Cole, goalie Filip Gustavsson, a 2018 first-round draft pick and a 2019 third-round selection to the Sens

Great return, too bad we squandered it on JBD (I really wanted Miller...) and a year of Talbot, I guess the third was used to trade up for Sogaard so there's still hope.

The Pageau deal got us Greig and a pick we used to move up for Kleven, but Pageau is still decent

Reactions: DrEasy

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
The Boucher pick and the rest of the 2021 draft was one of the most blatant forms of narcissism I have ever seen.

Dorion and Mann were OBSESSED with drafting "under the radar" players to try to seem like the smartest guys in the room instead of simply going for the BPA.
I don't defend the pick but if you look at the next 10 players that were picked, only Sillinger has proven anything to date in the NHL. 2 goalies in there who could well make it still and some good players taken after top 20 but it was not only Ottawa that missed in this draft. Also, if Boucher could have stayed healthy he did for a glimpse or two look like a future nhl player. Bottom 6 grinder with upside... Drafting is hard and I don't really think that is where PD failed so hard but most of his trades were bad to awful!

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I don't defend the pick but if you look at the next 10 players that were picked, only Sillinger has proven anything to date in the NHL.
Perhaps, but the other 9 have all been stars at the AHL level and have started warranting NHL games.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well I think the clear intent of the thread is to hang on to bitterness, mostly derived from Dorion's moves.

It's done. It's over. Serves no purpose.

Nope, it's simply a new way to look at it, not really about the trades but the TRADE TREES.

Your desire for it to be "over" doesn't change the reality that we are still paying for these mistakes and will unfortunately still do for years to come. Heck, we haven't even forfeited the 1st round pick from the Dadonov fiasco yet. Sweeping the dust under the carpet doesn't change anything, that would be your personal choice.

And we are just observators here, all we can do is talk about what happened, what is happening and what will happen in the future. If you don't want to talk about the (VERY RECENT) past, I suggest you step away from these threads/discussions but prepare to see them a lot in the future, people still talk about Redden over Chara and Heatley for Hossa.

Dzingle for Duclair and 2 seconds

Which was fantastic at first but look how it ended up :

Ryan Dzingel + 212th OA in 2019 + 76th OA in 2023 + 2024 7th round pick (OTT) + 25% retention on Murray AAV is ----> absolutely nothing

Dorion found a way to lose a trade that he hit a homerun on at first :laugh:

That one and Pageau for 1st, 2nd and 3rd was also really good

The condition for the 3rd was not met, no pick was transferred. We got that late first (but made a nice pick with Greig) and used the 2nd round pick to move up and draft Tyler Kleven

This is not about single trades but trade trees... This on is as follows :

Mika Zibanejad + 33rd OA in 2018 + 64th OA in 2018 is ----> Jacob Bernard-Docker

All we have left from Brassard (or Mika + 2nd) is JBD, and even spent another 3rd in the Brassard trade.

Dadonov for Nick Holden was a good one.

Or at least, it really seemed so at the time.

I didn't list it in the first page but that ends up like this :

Dadonov + 1st round pick (OTT) in 202? is ----> 2022 3rd round pick (we used it on Travis Hamonic)

Yes, Hamonic

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Nope, it's simply a new way to look at it, not really about the trades but the TRADE TREES.

Your desire for it to be "over" doesn't change the reality that we are still paying for these mistakes and will unfortunately still do for years to come. Heck, we haven't even forfeited the 1st round pick from the Dadonov fiasco yet. Sweeping the dust under the carpet doesn't change anything, that would be your personal choice.
And we are just observators here, all we can do is talk about what happened, what is happening and what will happen in the future. If you don't want to talk about the (VERY RECENT) past, I suggest you step away from these threads/discussions but prepare to see them a lot in the future, people still talk about Redden over Chara and Heatley for Hossa.

Ryan Dzingel + 212th OA in 2019 + 76th OA in 2023 + 2024 7th round pick (OTT) + 25% retention on Murray AAV is ----> absolutely nothing

The condition for the 3rd was not met, no pick was transferred. We got that late first (but made a nice pick with Greig) and used the 2nd round pick to move up and draft Tyler Kleven

Mika Zibanejad + 33rd OA in 2018 + 64th OA in 2018 is ----> Jacob Bernard-Docker

All we have left from Brassard (or Mika + 2nd) is JBD, and even spent another 3rd in the Brassard trade.
It was a great trade. What he did after was not.

Reactions: Xspyrit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I didn't list it in the first page but that ends up like this :

Dadonov + 1st round pick (OTT) in 202? is ----> 2022 3rd round pick (we used it on Travis Hamonic)

Yes, Hamonic
My personal choice is to wake up every day smiling and to not fret over what I can't control.

If you want to get up every day and catalogue trade trees as a means to hang onto bitterness, well, that too is a personal choice.

You choose you. Have fun with it.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
My personal choice is to wake up every day smiling and to not fret over what I can't control.

If you want to get up every day and catalogue trade trees as a means to hang onto bitterness, well, that too is a personal choice.

You choose you. Have fun with it.

What does it have to do with Pierre freaking Dorion? :laugh:

He's actually a good source of entertainment, good for triggering all kind of emotions

:popcorn::ha::help::huh::laugh::skeptic::thumbd::mad:o_O:oops::rolleyes: etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad