Worst team next year predictions

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Colorado is hard to bet against, they're just so good at what they do. Vegas will arrive in the hunt for this honor.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Vancity

Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Chaput
Goldy Sutter Eriksson
Molino Gaunce Dorset

Edler Tanev
Hutton Trammer
Sbisa Stecher

Marky
Backman

Yuck

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Vegas
Colorado
Vancouver
NJ
Buffalo
Detroit

I'd say that's the bottom 6. Maybe Buffalo swaps with who ever is in 7 if they fix their defense, but after watching them this year, they're a long way from sniffing a playoff spot.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
We haven't even seen the lotto play out and we are starting this thread? why? So much will change over the next couple months.
Nolan Patrick won't exactly be a franchise changing player for anyone in the next season and Hischier needs another year in the minors.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Should be Vegas. I hear GMGM is going to auction off the unprotected players from each team. He'll be wheeling and dealing and will stock up on draft picks and prospects.

So, they'll be a relatively young team that will stink for a few years in the hope of landing a franchise player or two.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I don't see how they have another awful season. They have a very nice young piece in Rantanen and a VERY promising youngster on the blueline with Nikita Zadorov. Add that on to a very solid top-line winger in Landeskog, an uber-talented center in Duchene, and a reliable defenseman in EJ, and I don't see how this team does this poorly again.

They also have young guys like Jost, Compher, Greer, Bigras, Butcher, Mironov, etc., not to mention the acquisitions like Nieto and Androghetto who look like they are ready to compete for a spot on the team. I have a hard time believing the guys who make the team will be as bad or worse than Iginla, Beauchemin, Mitchell, Bourque, etc. were this year.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Vegas AINEC. Their offense is going to be putrid, and I don't think their defense is going to be as solid as many seem to think it will be.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I think as lot can change between now and the start of next year with free agency, the draft, and this year the expansion draft. I'm perfectly fine with people assuming NJ will be a bottom feeder again next year but I still have hope that Shero can make the necessary moves to make this team much better than they are this year. We might still have a shot at landing Shattenkirk and we might be able to get a good defender during the expansion draft. Pipe dreams I know but things can turn around quicker than some think for us.

And our prospect pool doesn't look nearly as bad as some people would have you think. Quenneville already looks like he's going to be a good NHL player, McLeod is having a great second half of the season/playoffs so far, Joey Anderson is having a great college season, Blake Speers should be good, and Blackwood should still be a good goalie one day. And our top 5 pick this year should be a good contributor is a couple of seasons.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Gotta be Vegas. Then I am not persuaded by Colorado because turning around from a monstrous season like this one (lowest amount of points in a full season after 1999-00 is 52. Colorado in 16-17 is serious suckage not seen since the 90s), will be a monumental effort.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Gotta think the bottom 5 is a mix of

NJ - Bottom 5 offense and defense, prospects are average at best, no franchise players, if Schneider regresses more next year they are toast.

Colorado - Unless they get a heart transplant

Vegas - Obvious reasons although I could see them middle of the pack

Detroit - Another year older, kids are good but not elite, no elite level talent there, defense is a tire fire.

Arizona - Another team that can't get anything going. Underwhelming debut for most of their highend prospect pool, OEL had a rough season, front office won't change much, etc.

Hm to Islanders if JT leaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad