Worst team next year predictions

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
going to fire two out there and hope it doesnt come back to kick my ass next year......Los Angeles Kings in the west and Detroit Red Wings in the east

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
going to fire two out there and hope it doesnt come back to kick my ass next year......Los Angeles Kings in the west and Detroit Red Wings in the east

I don't think it will be LA unless they do a massive overhaul over the summer and sell off a good chunk of their team.

I'm guessing Vancouver or Colorado. I'm torn on whether Colorado is just underachieving this year, or if there are as bad as their record shows. If they are just that bad, it will be next to impossible to show a huge improvement just over the summer.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Colorado. They have to make some drastic moves to improve.

The team has indicated they intend to rebuild. I really don't see how they'll be any better.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
It's tough to say right now, there's likely to be lots of moves at the draft and in free agency.

I know the Sedin's are just going to get older, but Vancouver's owner does not want them to tank, so they might make some more desperation Loui Eriksson type moves that could keep them out of the basement.

I think Detroit is a good pick, because with them missing the playoffs they might decide to bottom out for a year or two.

Colorado is the obvious choice, but there's likely to be a major shake-up there this off-season with any or all of Duchene, Landeskog, or Barrie being dealt. I'd want to wait to see how the dust settles before making any predictions about them.

My pick would be New Jersey, I just don't like the way that team is constructed, especially with Schneider's poor play this season. They remind me of the Leafs when we had Kessel, they have a star winger, and mediocre everything else, and that's not a recipe for success.

One wildcard pick: if JT is dealt, the Islanders could be in the mix.

EDIT: I forgot about Vegas, although I would exclude them from this discussion because their situation is so unique.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Vegas, Vancouver, Detroit, Colorado, NJ if they don't fire Hynes after going 2 wins out of 20+ down the stretch.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
You think LA will be worse than Vegas????

Really see Vegas being a .500 (or whatever you wanna call it) club 38-38-6 or so maybe slightly lower. When you can mix and match your team according to how your coach and GM would like and have everyone playing pressure free it really is not far fetched. Would like to see the draft before i peg them as a bottom 3 team tbh

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Detroit
New Jersey
Vancouver
Colorado
Vegas

The clear group of teams that have pretty much nothing going for them next season IMO.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Colorado can't be worse than Vegas
...For the love of god please don't be worse than Vegas

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Detroit
New Jersey
Vancouver
Colorado
Vegas

The clear group of teams that have pretty much nothing going for them next season IMO.

I have to throw Arizona into that mix.
I thought they were ready to turn a corner but it seems they did a U-turn again.
I put them here because I don't know what to expect. I expect better but don't see it.
If Colorado trades/gets a good return for Duchene, they could have a quicker turnaround. With MacKinnon, Ranta, possibly Patrick or Nico added and a solid Duchene package. Faster than a return Vancouver or Jersey could get trading.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Vegas will have no scoring at all they will easily be the worst. Decent D and G but they aren't going to magically have players that can score. If they get a guy that's capable he's going to be playing against other teams top players when he's been used to 3rd liners

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
This thread last year had the majority of poeple saying Toronto and Vancouver IIRC.

It's almost impossible to guess who the worst team is. Nobody expected this from Colorado.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This thread last year had the majority of poeple saying Toronto and Vancouver IIRC.

It's almost impossible to guess who the worst team is. Nobody expected this from Colorado.

It's of course noteworthy that we aren't even into offseason player transactions yet.

Colorado in particular could look very different on July 15 than they do right now.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We haven't even seen the lotto play out and we are starting this thread? why? So much will change over the next couple months.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm excited about Colorado's not-so-near future, but if Bednar is still is Colorado next year then I'm expecting a repeat at the bottom. Maybe not so drastically behind everyone, but last place for sure under Bednar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad