News Article: Worst start in franchise history

Lewy

May 26, 2011
I'm putting this here too

I'm going to vent a little. I know everyone is saying they are now numb to the pain... people are cheering losses in hope that dramatic change will come... this whole thing disgusts me... the team is a ****ing joke... admit it or not this team is a big part of the fibre of this city and they are embarrassing us. I understand and know the team doesn't make the city and there are a ton of wonderful things happening in E Town right now and we are showing our pride again and happy to be living in a great place, probably one of the best places on the face of the earth to be honest. But this franchise is really hurting me and this whole situation bothers me. I know I shouldn't care as much... and while I fast forward through PVR'd games on occasion, I'd argue I've never felt/been more invested... I am expecting things to turn around HARD. You understand? This pisses me the **** off to no end. Something's got to give. This team, the management group, the coaching, the players, everything is becoming a farce. I mean what in the **** is going on. Save me the Corsi shpiel. I've watched the games and I DO SEE that they look improved at times and it's encouraging for glimpses. Bottom line is though they haven't won. They have one ****ing point. How long is this going to go on for? What the **** is MacT doing? Don't even ask me about Eakins, ****ing joke he is. I think it's clear as day the core is not going to work. Someone needs to go, whether it be Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Shultz... someone has GOT to go. Beg Kreuger to come back. Lowe and MacT... purge the old boys club I don't care how much they love the team and the city. I can't take too much more of this. For a pro franchise they are becoming almost completely irrelevant. UNNACCEPTABLE. ****.
Preach brother.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I can't see Eakins being here past the end of November. I have us going 6W 12L 1OTL by the end of November for a whopping 14pts in 24games and a record of 6-16-2
Bold = Wins, 1 OTL along the way

DATE VISITOR HOME
MON, 20 OCT 2014 LIGHTNING OILERS
WED, 22 OCT 2014 CAPITALS OILERS
FRI, 24 OCT 2014 HURRICANES OILERS
MON, 27 OCT 2014 CANADIENS OILERS
WED, 29 OCT 2014 PREDATORS OILERS
SAT, 1 NOV 2014 CANUCKS OILERS
TUE, 4 NOV 2014 OILERS FLYERS
THU, 6 NOV 2014 OILERS BRUINS
FRI, 7 NOV 2014 OILERS SABRES
SUN, 9 NOV 2014 OILERS RANGERS
TUE, 11 NOV 2014 OILERS PREDATORS
THU, 13 NOV 2014 SENATORS OILERS
SUN, 16 NOV 2014 COYOTES OILERS
WED, 19 NOV 2014 CANUCKS OILERS
FRI, 21 NOV 2014 DEVILS OILERS
SAT, 22 NOV 2014 BLACKHAWKS OILERS
TUE, 25 NOV 2014 OILERS STARS
THU, 27 NOV 2014 OILERS PREDATORS
FRI, 28 NOV 2014 OILERS BLUES

I believe the games you picked to win are reasonable, except for the Preds. Let's say they pick off one of those Canucks games instead.

How does Eakins survive past Halloween if the team starts 1-8-1?

This team truly is a laughing stock. I was snooping on the Coyotes page. There was an argument about the Yotes being in danger of slipping into Oilers territory with the opposing side saying it was an over-reaction. No one took the viewpoint that the Oilers are a team on the rise. :sarcasm:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I believe the games you picked to win are reasonable, except for the Preds. Let's say they pick off one of those Canucks games instead.

How does Eakins survive past Halloween if the team starts 1-8-1?

This team truly is a laughing stock. I was snooping on the Coyotes page. There was an argument about the Yotes being in danger of slipping into Oilers territory with the opposing side saying it was an over-reaction. No one took the viewpoint that the Oilers are a team on the rise. :sarcasm:

How does Eakins survive 29-48-10? That's a winning percentage of 0.333.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Oilers could have the worst season in history and Eakins will still be here at the end of the season.

He's not going anywhere.

This whole season reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Lisa wrecks Homer's barbecue and his pig gets wet, slimy and says "It's still good, it's still good!"

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
MacT is going to make some horrible desperate trade before he thinks of firing his prodigy.

jmco

Jan 25, 2013
Just saying... currently at 6-12-2

I can't see Eakins being here past the end of November. I have us going 6W 12L 1OTL by the end of November for a whopping 14pts in 24games and a record of 6-16-2
Bold = Wins, 1 OTL along the way

DATE VISITOR HOME
MON, 20 OCT 2014 LIGHTNING OILERS
WED, 22 OCT 2014 CAPITALS OILERS
FRI, 24 OCT 2014 HURRICANES OILERS
MON, 27 OCT 2014 CANADIENS OILERS
WED, 29 OCT 2014 PREDATORS OILERS
SAT, 1 NOV 2014 CANUCKS OILERS
TUE, 4 NOV 2014 OILERS FLYERS
THU, 6 NOV 2014 OILERS BRUINS
FRI, 7 NOV 2014 OILERS SABRES
SUN, 9 NOV 2014 OILERS RANGERS
TUE, 11 NOV 2014 OILERS PREDATORS
THU, 13 NOV 2014 SENATORS OILERS
SUN, 16 NOV 2014 COYOTES OILERS
WED, 19 NOV 2014 CANUCKS OILERS
FRI, 21 NOV 2014 DEVILS OILERS
SAT, 22 NOV 2014 BLACKHAWKS OILERS
TUE, 25 NOV 2014 OILERS STARS
THU, 27 NOV 2014 OILERS PREDATORS
FRI, 28 NOV 2014 OILERS BLUES

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
6-16-2...based ok sked, could be. Don't see how the team isn't blown up by trades. Significant ones too. Eakins stays? Why? Because it's the wrong decision and that's what the Oil make.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Why does everyone blame Eakins? The guy has no starter, no #1 defenseman, and no centre depth. While its true that the majority of players are under performing, the guy wasn't allowed to select his captain, select his assistant coaches, and he was hired as amateur.

I always considered him a puppet, doing whatever Lowe and MacT wants

I saw give Eakins any team in the league, LA/Anaheim, Boston, starting summer e2013 and by now he would have that team out of the playoffs.

It's not outlandish to think that we could have one several more games by now, with this roster, had there just been no nonesense play management decisions taking place on the bench and in the roster

McDeathbyCheerios*

I saw give Eakins any team in the league, LA/Anaheim, Boston, starting summer e2013 and by now he would have that team out of the playoffs.

It's not outlandish to think that we could have one several more games by now, with this roster, had there just been no nonesense play management decisions taking place on the bench and in the roster
I have a few examples of that to. The Calgary game. Eakins couldn't calm down the team enough to get us in a mindset to stop letting in every goal. The first two Vancouver games where we could of easily won but just let it get a way. The what, 3 games in a row we have a 3ga first period. So many games where a good coach would have the team composed enough to not let that **** happen. We wouldn't be in a playoff spot but we would be between 8-10 for sure.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
They have 2 more points after 20 games than I thought they would... so pretty much what I expected with the roster and coach they had to start the season.

Still same old same old... team defense is the weak link and team will go nowhere until that's addressed.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I have a few examples of that to. The Calgary game. Eakins couldn't calm down the team enough to get us in a mindset to stop letting in every goal. The first two Vancouver games where we could of easily won but just let it get a way. The what, 3 games in a row we have a 3ga first period. So many games where a good coach would have the team composed enough to not let that **** happen. We wouldn't be in a playoff spot but we would be between 8-10 for sure.

Thank you for the examples and then had the right players been on the ice at the right times, had we not played swarm for the first 5 games, had we not sat two of our best defenceman for much less deserving others we likely would have won a few of those games with the roster we currently have. No need for a major shake up or big trades, would have just been common sense coaching. The the wins would have helped the atmosphere and drive but how can we expect these guys to give it their all every night when Dallas ****ing Eakins is sinking this ship harder than anyone ever has outside last years Devan Dubinyk

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I would be not at all surprised to see this team lose it's next four games. I think a nine game losing streak would force some sort of action. But it is the oilers after all.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
It's sad to get to the point where I'm cheering for losses because losses might mean change :( Even though all evidence thus far has pointed to the contrary. Survive the season, make some changes in the Summer, show a faint glimmer of hope and sense for optimism with lots of promises and then repeat the gong show all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad