Player Discussion Worst Sabre 2010-2020 - Nominations (Deadline february 28th)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
You get to nominate 1 player along with a written motivation. The first of march I will compile all the nominated players and motivations that made the deadline in one huge post along with a poll.

I'm probably too lazy to do a huge ceremony and send a prize to the "winning" player but after the poll is closed we will know who truly is the worst Sabre 2010-2020 and that is reward enough.

Please consider:
  • On ice performance
  • Off ice performance
Feel free to consider:
  • Time spent on the Sabres roster
  • Intangibles
  • Cap hit
  • Critical moments of failure
Poetic descriptions are welcome but if you prefer to just post stats as proof that works as well.

May the sabrest of all the dull sabres win a shoplifted billebeino cap!

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
There has been so much suck why limit this to a single biggest loser? Need to do this like a prospects poll. Have a top handful for the initial vote then allow posters to nominate additional. Run the poll to 15 or so. 6 =1st team (3F-2D-1G), 6 =2nd team (same), and maybe 3 coach/management. It could be cathartic.

I like this idea maybe a little too much.

But just to answer thread title, my mind tells me Leino but my heart says Sobotka.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Better off calling it the Ville Leino award and giving it to the runner-up.

w640xh480_LeinoJail.jpg

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Player I dislike the most is still Marc Andre Gragnani, but he didn't last long enough for this award.

There's no perfect answer of on ice + off ice + cap except Leino.

Few names with a combination of these, but not all, are:

Moulson, Bogosian, Okposo, Skinner, Hodgson

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If there isn't a min game limit then no one can possibly beat the uselessness of Dalton Smith being dressed right? The only nominee to beat that would be when we dressed Sam to sit on the bench and not play at all.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Player I dislike the most is still Marc Andre Gragnani, but he didn't last long enough for this award.

There's no perfect answer of on ice + off ice + cap except Leino.

Few names with a combination of these, but not all, are:

Moulson, Bogosian, Okposo, Skinner, Hodgson

I just can't lump Hodgson in there. His career was actually looking up until that stupid condition (malignant hyperthermia) did him in.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Leino cost us some UFA money. Skinner cost us cap space for the next decade. Tage cost us ROR.

But Bogosian is still the worst.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Bogo at least had stretches where he looked like the player he was supposed to be.

Leino was basically useless right from day 1.
Bogo was a beast for the first 20 games after we acquired him. He was complete waste of roster space for the next five seasons.

In terms of total cost (salary/assets given up in trade), disappointing seasons played, and overall frustration level, it's hands down Bogosian for me.

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
Gotta be either Leino or Bogo for sure...honorable mention to Skinner who's getting closer to Leino status every day and has so much left on his contract... ugh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad