Worst player you've ever seen in a Coyotes sweater?

?

• Total voters

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Strong contenders.

Nash's second season, the one after the lockout, was absolutely awful. There was a game where the Yotes were up and they were trying to feed him for an empty netter for like a minute cause he hadn't scored all season and he couldn't freaking buy one without a goalie.

Are you telling me he couldn't bury the pepperoni pizza?!?!

David Hale

Fun fact: He still works for the Coyotes, has for quite a while, in the front office as a Sr. Advisor for Business Development and Alumni Relations.

Reactions: Lilhoody

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I think my vote is still for Josh Gratton, meathead fighter allowance or no.

Some other strong possibles for myself would be Spiller and Jones. That whole era has some traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

The human pylon himself David Hale could be infrequently confused for an NHLer on some nights, as much as we all hated that dude I don't think it's him. Hale was in part holding back a team that should have been a little better that's why he was so damn annoying.

Tim Kennedy filled in for like a third of a season when Ribeiro was coked out, that was fun.

Agree.
Spiller is probably my most hated. I remember getting angry any time he touched the puck but now that I'm older I can't remember the reason for it. :laugh:

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Patrick DesRochers - felt bad for him, wanted him to succeed but he froze completely.

Denis Pederson would get my non-goalie vote.

There were some fun cameos from players though who had less than 20 games with the Coyotes.
Yannick Lehoux - scored with his first touch
Zac Bierk
Alex Tanguay
Oleg Kvasha
Mathieu Schneider
Renberg/Reichel
Brendl/Pulkinnen/Novoseltsev

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Worst Goalies: Mike Morrison, Philippe Sauve, Scott Langkow, Josh Tordjman, Patrick DesRochers
Worst Forwards: Alexandre Bolduc, Sebastien Bordeleau, Chris Brown, Brandon Yip
Worst Dmen: Dan Focht, Philip Samuelsson, Kevin Dahl

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Someone should dig up a lineup from the McDavid tank season and then last night's lineup. So many names mentioned in this thread were all on the same roster. We've come a loooooong way.

Edit: about to fly or I would do the dirty work

Reactions: ck26 and Mosby

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Someone should dig up a lineup from the McDavid tank season and then last night's lineup. So many names mentioned in this thread were all on the same roster. We've come a loooooong way.Edit: about to fly or I would do the dirty work

From @GiveAFlyingPuck a March 15th '15 GDT.

Rieder - Datsyuk(generic) - Doan
Erat- Gagner - Potsie Cunningham
McGinn - Arcobello - Moss
Korpikoski - Vitale - Crombeen

Gormley - Stone
Dahlbeck - Campbell
Moore - Murphy

Smith
Domingue

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Someone should dig up a lineup from the McDavid tank season and then last night's lineup. So many names mentioned in this thread were all on the same roster. We've come a loooooong way.

Edit: about to fly or I would do the dirty work

Ask and you shall receive

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20171002-194509.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20171002-194509.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 10

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We've had several players that looked like hot garbage early, but turned it around to have at least decent careers. Mostly dmen. Suchy, Schlemko, even Yandle.

And we've had the corpse of Brett Hull, Pellerin, etc who were no longer NHL players.

And a long, long list of borderline NHL players who weren't terrible, but had no business being placed in the roles we asked them to fill. Kennedy, Chipsyuk, Moss, etc and the gap between capabilities and role made them terrible to experience.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
My soul died a bit looking at this list of players, knowing that it was probably also only a sampling (s/t @Canis Latrans). But nobody has yet named my candidate - a guy who was so bad for us that he had to retire immediately afterwards:

BRETT.

EFFING.

HULL.
I feel qualified to judge his entire Coyotes career considering I saw a full 20% of his games with us, and it was less memorable than the Stanley Cup replica the league gave out at home openers to thank the fans for coming back after the lockout.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
Dave Hale and Todd fedoruk were both awful, but we were somehow able to magic them into another Vrbata stint

Brett hull was just plain bad.
Didn't we also ice the corpse of Tony amonte at one point as well?

Reactions: CC96

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Spiller is probably my most hated. I remember getting angry any time he touched the puck but now that I'm older I can't remember the reason for it. :laugh:
99.9% chance when Spiller touches the puck that he sends it off the glass to get out of the zone.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Two of the worst (and dirtiest):

Steve Downie - wasn't a bad player, but absolutely awful as a Coyote and was not a Dave Tippett fan.

Ryan Hollweg - scraped together a 228 game NHL career being an undersized goon.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Alex Bolduc was a funny one, because he had a couple of 50 point seasons in the AHL, but the moment he stepped on the ice for an NHL game, the entire sport looked like a foreign concept to him.

RufusG

May 23, 2017
Alex Bolduc was a funny one, because he had a couple of 50 point seasons in the AHL, but the moment he stepped on the ice for an NHL game, the entire sport looked like a foreign concept to him.

Think back on what an accomplishment it was to assemble a 4th line of only first round picks when we iced Chip - Bolduc - Brule.

Reactions: CC96

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Two of the worst (and dirtiest):

Steve Downie - wasn't a bad player, but absolutely awful as a Coyote and was not a Dave Tippett fan.

Ryan Hollweg - scraped together a 228 game NHL career being an undersized goon.
I forgot Hollweg ever played for us. Had to look it up. Three games. Does that even count? Haha

Fedoruk was a fine player until his face was fractured. Kind of makes him useless on his role afterward.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Brett Hull.
Seriously, Brett Hull.

He came back after the strike year flabby and was a pylon on the ice. Gretzky, to his credit, convinced him to retire before he made a complete ass of himself by playing the entire season.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad