Post-Game Talk: Worst Pizza @ Worst Wireless, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If I had to guess (and I'm hope I'm wrong) I think burakovsky may be out a while after the slapshot to wrist

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's kind of amazing that Ovechkin is tied for eleventh in scoring when so many of his shifts can be put in the garbage. Imagine this team with peak 8 and 19. If there's an anxiety-creating dynamic it's depth and discipline being in place too late after those two have peaked. Those two need to far more dynamic aside from the obligatory rush goal now and then.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's kind of amazing that Ovechkin is tied for eleventh in scoring when so many of his shifts can be put in the garbage. Imagine this team with peak 8 and 19. If there's an anxiety-creating dynamic it's depth and discipline being in place too late after those two have peaked. Those two need to far more dynamic aside from the obligatory rush goal now and then.

Backstrom isn't far from his peak form. He scores a bit less than he used to, but that's also due to Ovi slowing down. He's a lot better than his 2010 self defensively.

I agree with you though, we need Trotz, Holtby and that kind of depth many years ago. Not too late to win it all.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

I don't think Backstrom is much different from his peak.. was there a peak?!

Ovi... we'll see in playoffs what he has left in the tank. He is certainly much less dynamic in the regular season, but a significant part of that may be that he doesn't really give a **** about regular season goals any more, at least compared to how it was before.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Ovi has his ups and downs. Last game he looked fantastic. He looks like he doesn't care tonight.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Ovi has his ups and downs. Last game he looked fantastic. He looks like he doesn't care tonight.

Don't think it's not caring, at this point of his career there are more valleys in his game.

Can't handle the puck on numerous nights.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Wilson has looked very good this game. Hard to believe, but he looks FAST at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad