Worst Philly Jersey You Own

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Pilfering the topic from another place but some funny stories.

My worst current jersey is a 40 - Lecavlier
My best like a lot of people is a 20 Dawkins jersey but was a fully team signed Macliesh jersey that i got in the locker room (my friends father was the Flyers photographer and after the games we would go into the locker room) on my 14th Bday. When i came back from the military after my first tour Jersey was gone along with my trophies, albums(100's), signed sticks (Clarke, Schultz and Van Impe)and programs. My mothers response " I didn't think you were coming back, the house was cluttered and we needed the cash". WTF $20!!!

So if one of you ***holes has a my stuff, you should be ashamed at ripping off an old lady and i want it back.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Lecavalier. Thought he would be decent and loved watching him in Tampa

Best Jersey: Signed Bernie Parent Jersey that I have hanging in my house

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Best: Kimmo (Winter Classic), Dawkins
Worst: TO (which I don't have anymore because I threw it out because... you know)

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I've bought a few of those random autographed jerseys that they sell on Dave and Adam's Card World and one of them happened to be a Flyers Lecavalier jersey. It's probably the "worst" Flyers jersey I own but I didn't buy it knowing it would be Vinny so I don't know if I can count it. I'm not mad about it, partially because Vinny was a good player for a while, it was cheaper than a regular signed jersey and the other two I've gotten (P Kane and Giacomin) have more than made up for it

The other Flyers jerseys I own (Primeau signed, Carter, Giroux x2, and a blank white one I use for autographs at the Carnival) are all good ones imo.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Worst: 2003-2006 era alternate (the chrome lined logo) Jeff Carter

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Worst: Mike Mamula
Best: Trotter

Have a blank Flyers jersey, all my favorite players kept getting traded when I was a kid (Renberg, Lindros, Recchi, etc)

NJGoalie

May 4, 2010
Kashyyyk
My worst and best is a Pat Falloon jersey from around 1996. I have it signed by most of the team from that season too. I wish it were in mint condition but I used to wear it playing street hockey so it's seen better days. I haven't seen another one like it.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
It won't be long before the Spectrum.. err.. WFC is full of No 9 jerseys. That one is hopefully going to be good for 15 years.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Worst is AJ Feeley Eagles jersey and Lecacalier All star jersey are tied.

Best is Jake Voraceks gamer from the lockout season

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I only have 2 jerseys and I like them both. Timonen and Emery, while Emery in Philly wasn't a great success, I still loved watching him here and loved him in the juniors whenever he came to town. I rarely ever buy jerseys when a player arrives but wait for them to play here 1-2 years first.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I was obsessed with the 3D jersey as a kid/teenager. Had Williams, Pitkanen, Carter.

So worst is probably Pitkanen lol. Also had a Talbot 2012 Winter Classic.

Favourite is probably Timonen black Reebok, the first Edge jesrsey, mainly because of the player. But I’d be lying if I said I’m not praying for Adidas to introduce a black alternate next year.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I've only ever owned 2 jerseys, both of which were x-mas presents from my parents separated by about a decade: a Mark Howe #2 & a John LeClair #10. Sadly, my parents had put our last name on the sweaters instead of the players' names.

GirouxCouturier

GirouxMVP
Jul 4, 2010
British Columbia
Best is probably stadium series provorov because he's the living goat, worst must be... Richards? Even though he was my favourite player for a while.

Also have giroux x3, Clarke, hextall, brindamour, Couturier. Trying to decide between Patrick, konecny, and ghost for my next one but leaning towards ghost

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Favourite is probably Timonen black Reebok, the first Edge jesrsey, mainly because of the player. But I’d be lying if I said I’m not praying for Adidas to introduce a black alternate next year.

I was too, but now that I don't need it to be slimming, I don't care so much. Seriously, I am ****ing starving.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
First, and worst, has to be Mike Mamula. He's a good guy, from what I can tell, but man we mispicked.

Best, well, best is weird for me. I can't afford a lot of jerseys, but I wanted a game-worn Flyers jersey from a player who wore #55, and the cheapest one I could find was Pavel Brendl. So, for me, that's probably the best one despite being objectively a bad player. The best one I actually wear is probably a Brent Celek that I got for $25 when they were clearing out old Reebok stock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad