Worst Non-Calls

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
After seeing this a few nights ago, what are some of the worst blatant non-calls you can re-collect?

Also, is Tim Peel the worst ref? I know other fanbases have singled him out calling terrible games. He sees the play unfold and literally shakes his head after a clear interference on a star player.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After seeing this a few nights ago, what are some of the worst blatant non-calls you can re-collect?

Also, is Tim Peel the worst ref? I know other fanbases have singled him out calling terrible games. He sees the play unfold and literally shakes his head after a clear interference on a star player.

NHL wants to prevent hits to the hit. Goes on to ignore this one.

:shakehead

Deaner

Oct 9, 2011
Worst is 93 Gretzky high-stick on Gilmour.

I'd call that a missed call rather than a non-call. Fraser would have called it had he seen it.

For non-calls, Marchand speed-bagging one of the Sedins in the '11 Finals seems kind of egregious to me.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Tim Peel is the GOAT ref of all time. Up there with Ron Cherry and Angel Hernandez at home plate

Sep 26, 2016
Agreed on Tim Peel. I've noticed he's behind many awful calls.

Not the "worst" but an example for the Oilers is Beck gets called for a slash vs Tampa. Later Brian Boyle does same thing to Davidson and no call. Not to mention the excessive, rampant interference on McDavid that never gets called. This happens EVERY.SINGLE.GAME.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Peel's shaking his head immediately after, so he had some reason for not calling it. Granted, it's Peel, so who knows what his reasoning was, but it's not unheard of for a ref to let something slide as a result of something else going on that may not be obvious to the viewer.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
McDavid gets held every single game. They call 1-2 and let the rest go. The one by Doughty last year was one of the most ridiculous non calls ever.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I know, how did he not call that clear embellishment and interference call

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The fiasco in the Ducks/Islanders shootout earlier this year was the worst call I've seen in years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad