Worst NHL General Manager of All Time Award Nomination: Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I hereby nominate Ottawa Senators General Manager Pierre Dorion for the Worst NHL General Manager of All Time award. Never have I seen such display of incompetence and poor decision making in all of my years watching hockey.

I would also hereby nominate Ottawa Senators General Manager Pierre Dorion for a second award, the Worst General Manager in All of Sports History award.

Please use this thread to discuss other nominations for Worst NHL General Manager of All Time and Worst General Manager in All of Sports History and where you find Pierre Dorion ranks amongst your nominations.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
PD let himself get used and abused,he never should have taken that extension.....He should have remained patient as he likely still would have had a job and would have gotten is chance...Under a likely better owner,now he is ruined and takes all the heat for a billionaire that could give two shits about him

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It's a toss up at this point. Mike never traded a Karlsson for peanuts

.... Milbury traded Luongo, Spezza, Chara, Bertuzzi, Jokinen, McCabe, and Salo for peanuts while signing some of the worst contracts in league history.

But, as usual, hyperbole and dramaticism prevail!

Like, I don't like Dorion at all. Talking about it in fantastical, exaggeratory, aggrandized terms is just stupid and boring, though.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He is a pretty terrible GM not sure if he is the worst given he has a piece of shit boss pulling the strings on a lot of the decisions.
Definitely is the worst spoken GM of any sports team I've ever seen

Reactions: ConorMcGregor

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Pierre Dorion:

• Trades his best goalscorer for a 4 million dollar per year veteran, bottom-6 player, instead of picks and prospects. Says, "We need to surround our young kids with veterans."
• 4 months later, waives veteran leader Zack Smith.

What would you rather have, in a rebuild?

Zack Smith + 2nd + 4th + 5th
or
Mikkel Boedker

Pierre Dorion prefers Boedker.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Worst Milbury trade was Luongo & Jokinen for Kvasha & Parrish.

He also signed Yashin to that massive deal.

Knowing that, I'll put Dorion right there for giving away the best defenceman in the world for table scraps and strangely refusing to deal within conference despite not having a competitive team in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad