Worst Love/Hate Relationship with another team

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Me again. I read a lot of MIN, CHI, DAL. Is Winnipeg neutral right now?

And, if the eastern divisions got mixed with all the Time Zones except the Pacific, what would you think of...
COL, MIN, CHI, WPG, TOR, DET, BUF, OTT? In this scenario, you have to match with 4 Eastern teams.

Thanks for your thoughts.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Colorado doesn't really associate themselves as northern but if we had to go with some eastern teams at least that division would be fun. A rivalry with Buffalo could be interesting, I also wouldn't mind Toronto and Ottawa. Those eastern teams would absolutely throw a fit, they'd never mix like that but under the hypothetical parameters its not bad. As far as Winnipeg, probably neutral but again, Colorado doesn't want to be a northern team and they'd prefer a divisional opponent that's closer and probably not Canadian. I understand in a division of 8 that's tough to avoid but in a division of 4 they wouldn't be happy about it.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Colorado doesn't really associate themselves as northern but if we had to go with some eastern teams at least that division would be fun. A rivalry with Buffalo could be interesting, I also wouldn't mind Toronto and Ottawa. Those eastern teams would absolutely throw a fit, they'd never mix like that but under the hypothetical parameters its not bad. As far as Winnipeg, probably neutral but again, Colorado doesn't want to be a northern team and they'd prefer a divisional opponent that's closer and probably not Canadian. I understand in a division of 8 that's tough to avoid but in a division of 4 they wouldn't be happy about it.

Thanks, TV.

One more question, if you don't mind. Say I give you those Eastern teams, and DAL in place of WPG.

Would you rather have that, or what you have now + QUEBEC?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah we'd rather have Dallas over Winnipeg. Quebec could be fun, from our perspective that would be neat. They probably wouldn't want to be separated from their natural rival Montreal. If we had to choose I'd still probably take the closer current rival in Dallas but you might find some fans that would prefer Quebec.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Yeah we'd rather have Dallas over Winnipeg. Quebec could be fun, from our perspective that would be neat. They probably wouldn't want to be separated from their natural rival Montreal. If we had to choose I'd still probably take the closer current rival in Dallas but you might find some fans that would prefer Quebec.

Sorry. I misled you.

Your choice...

COL,WPG,MIN,CHI,DAL,STL,NAS...QUE

or

COL,MIN,DAL,CHI,DET,TOR,OTT,BUF

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Realistically probably the top one and I think Avs fans would prefer that one. I like the novelty of the second one but I get bored easily. I hate seeing the same teams over and over again, some people love it. I would probably be happy to get away from Winnipeg, St Louis and Nashville. We could rekindle some rivalry with Detroit and if we played them often I would see one with Toronto and Buffalo.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Chicago and Dallas are fun games, and I still have a soft spot towards our games with the Blues

Minnesota games are terrible, slow, and usually lead to our players being injured (the playoffs the exception for the first two, obviously, the last is still true, thanks Yeocooke)

Edmonton games are fun but usually end up in us losing :(

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hi Avs Fans. Wild fan here, but I come in peace.

As some of you may know, there is a long, long realignment thread over on the main board. It's there because QC coming into the league makes some problems with schedules and time zones.

It's interesting to me, so I have a ?? for all of you.

If you could choose 1 Western Conference team to be in a division with, who would you choose?

I would say Van or Arz for now because they would be easy easy points. Although I really like Dallas and Chi, especially the latter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad