Post-Game Talk: Worst Leafs performance I’ve seen in 25 years as a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It really is disappointing that no reporter has the balls to call out these players and ask REAL questions. It is always just ass kissing and cliches.

They do not deserve to be let off so easy.

Literally the players say " no excuse we have to be better and learn from this" or "we have to look in the mirror"

I mean WTF do you guys actually give a single shit about winning? do you have learning disabilities and just need some help? They need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Last edited:

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
The wrong players have the puck for us too much.

Marner's the perfect example. There's times he can thrive, but gaining the line against a wall of defenders on the PP isn't one of them
Marner has to accept that at times the toe drag, or behind the back to the far post isn’t always called for. We love it but sometimes a cycle with Hyman is the smart play.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
If you watch the replay, Clifford was looking at nothing but the puck. He did nothing but go for the puck like you should. The only thing he could have done differently is to pull a 2019 Nylander and skate away.
Clifford knew the goalie was coming at him. Clifford tried to poke the puck forward. If he had no idea the goalie was right there, he would have tried to play the puck differently, when you think you are all alone you do not try to reach and poke the puck forward.

Clifford is a veteran, and he knew what he was doing, a veteran move, doing the accidentally on purpose thing.

Reactions: jiitu

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
This is bad, but I remember the playoff game against the Devils in the early 2000s, where Leafs had a TOTAL of 5 or 6 shots in a shutout loss.

That game was horrific.

This one is a lot worse. That NJ team had a HoF lineup from top to the bottom(Why Mogilny still isn't in the HoF? WTF?), and Martin freaking Brodeur was in goal. They lost to their own Zamboni driver tonight. This is 1000000000% worse.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That was laughably bad. I started to get a headache around the 10 minute mark of the 3rd when I realized this is real life and we lose.

Reactions: canadon

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
If you watch the replay, Clifford was looking at nothing but the puck. He did nothing but go for the puck like you should. The only thing he could have done differently is to pull a 2019 Nylander and skate away.
I agree. But it's still a crazy penalty, and it has to be, because refs are not allowed to try to decide whether or not a player knew the goalie was coming out to make a play, or not. Clifford's accident is still a penalty...any other accidental collision maybe gets some situational consideration, but not this one, or else the game is completely out of hand.

Reactions: jiitu

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Andersen is done, I don't expect he'll be with Toronto when his contract expires.

Marner has been an absolute embarrassment. Turnovers galore, passing when he should be shooting, playing with zero urgency or hockey sense. Spoiled brat had to demand the most money he could squeeze out of Dubas.

Matthews didn't do much of anything and has been pretty useless for the past 4-5 games.

Tavares scored a goal, but he still has been playing some of the worst hockey of his career. No emotion, no passion, no drive, just a farce out there.

This whole team is an absolute shit show. People were literally leaving in droves well before the game was over.

I hope they miss the playoffs. No good draft picks, no playoffs, wallow in the misery you created, Dubas.

I think Andersen might be dealt to the Avs on the TDL; as Grubauer is indefinitely out for the season; and Avs are going for it

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I have no problem with giving the team practice off tomorrow. Most of these kids have social medi and are active on it. They have tsn and sporstnet. Let them read and hear what a joke they were tonight.

Dont let them come to the protective sanctuary of fhe practice facility. Let them face the public if they end up going outside let fans rip on themin public. Let the media get after them

This team needs to hear they are a heartless team withno accountability to playing good 2 way hockey.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Marner has to accept that at times the toe drag, or behind the back to the far post isn’t always called for. We love it but sometimes a cycle with Hyman is the smart play.
It's the smaller plays that both me a lot more. The soft outlet at our own blueline up the middle when Matthews/Hyman are driving to the boards anyways. The pull up once gaining the line only to miss a 2-foot pass that's the wrong decision in the first place. It's not being ready on a faceoff and having your winger walk-in on our defenders with speed because you were too lazy to compete for position

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Ballard was embarrassing. His teams were not.
His team did their best with what they had. They had nothing

Bob McGill would kill someone
Wendal Clark? yeah.... He would have run over his goalie buddy

This team is a joke
Imagine how well those Ballard teams might have been if he paid his players as well as these selfish losers.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don’t think any other fan base has had to suffer through the heartbreak we do on a regular basis.

This is worse than blowing the 4-1 lead in Game 7.

The way they played that third period was just outright embarrassing. Don’t care if they lose but at least go down swinging.

That emergency goalie got better support than our goalies do on any given night.

Canes could have had me in net and I don’t even know how to skate properly without equipment and they still would have won.

If it was the other way around and we had an emergency goalie in net, that guy is giving up a minimum of 10 goals.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Jeckyl and Hyde goalie and a Jekyl and Hyde team. Dubas isnt the one who is supposed to get his team prepared, that's on Keefe. It may take a special coach to get the most out of this lineup, not just someone who is "on the same page" as Dubas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad