Post-Game Talk: Worst Leafs performance I’ve seen in 25 years as a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Fake news.

The Earth is nothing but a flat disc. The diameter is also the maximum distance you can travel.

If the Earth was a ball, a rainbow would look like a straight line because how can an arc look like an arc if land was also arcing? Checkmate.
I love you

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
What I will say about this game, which I was at in person with my 7 year old son, is that the 3rd period was the most pathetic period of hockey I have ever seen, and I've likely been to 100 games in my life. I once saw the Leafs blow a 5-0 lead over St Louis, with 10 mins left in the 3rd and lose 6-5 in OT. This was worse. The booing was so loud my son started crying. It was a complete joke... on par with the 2013 game 7 loss to Boston. SHAME.

Life long Leafs fan... but my gosh :(

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Easily the most embarrassing Leafs moment in my 30 years of watching the Leafs. The 4-1 collapse in 2013 doesn't even come close to this game.
I agree, that playoff team was actually over achieving, they weren't very good and took the best team to 7th game OT. That's not horrible. Comparatively, this current team is an all star team.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I don’t think they decided to at all. It looked like confusion. An inability to choose the right thing to do at the right moment. I saw effort from a few players. Saw Matthews and Sandin go through the trap. But as a group, there wasn’t any sign of communicating the same game plan. Saw Keefe yapping on the bench, so I suspect he was trying to relay the specifics of the plan. And full credit to the Canes for resembling a desperate team. But I don’t think decision was at the fore of the Leafs that night. I think they reacted in several instances without much thought.

And I don’t know what’s more horrific. Knowing what to do and not being able to do it. Or forgetting what to do having once known what to do.

But deciding to do what they did Saturday night? No I don’t think so. Because if that was proven to be a decision then...That renders this group far worse than being simply “entitled”.
I watched the Carolina game twice now.
Sadly.
Aside from David Ayres.
They pretty much looked as they have for most of the past 2 years.
Not exciting and not impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad