Worst Injury

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I've had two concussions, 5 years apart, and a separated shoulder/broken collar bone that was suffered, in practice, when a TEAMMATE blindsided me on a simple dump and chase drill. That was when I got my second concussion too. I went in to the corner to pick up the puck, glanced over my right shoulder to look at my point man before making a blind pass, and while I was looking that way my teammate came flying in from behind on my left side, left his feet (according to the coach who was furious) and plastered my head and shoulder to the boards. One second I'm looking at the point, just about to send the pass, the next I'm coming to, looking at the cieling. Chipped a tooth too from my teeth slamming together in the back (yes, I had my mouth guard in, it was a back molar that chipped). The part no one can understand to this day is that my teammate was extremely apologetic and we had never had any issue in the past and always got along very well. No one can really figure out why he made such a jackass play in practice.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Skated as hard as I could from the far blue line, put a rebound over the net, circled behind the net almost ran into a teammate and my left foot caught the runner twisted my foot counter clockwise and broke my ankle in 3 places. I seen my leg bend in a place not supposed to bend. That was on Thanksgiving weekend, I didn't walk for 10 weeks, and didn't skate again until june. I have a couple nice scars and my leg may or may not set off metal detectors at the airport. The funny part was after all the rehab and physio I was in much better shape and was a much better player for it.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just a knee sprain though I'm convinced I came very close to breaking my neck on a missed hit one time. Full speed charge across the rink, the guy sidestepped me and I tripped over his stick and went head first into the boards.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Fractured both cheekbones 2 weeks apart. One from a stick and then 2 weeks later a hit from behind into the dasher.
Pushed a guy over backwards in front of the net and he swung his stick at me on the way down from over the top straight down and clipped my ear and almost ripped it completely off.
6 broken noses.
Multiple concussions.
100+ stitches in my face/head.
Fractured orbital bone.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Broken back, went to ice the puck from our own zone (I was on the PK) and one guy charged me from the other blue line and sent my flying into the boards...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad