GDT: Worst GDT Ever - Avs @ Stars - 4PM

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I didn't watch the last game, but I watched EJ's first game, and this one, and he looks completely fine out there.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dater says that Girard and EJ got "beat up pretty badly" by Seguin's line. Admittedly I didn't watch the whole game but I did watch a good chunk of it and didn't see that. Is he seeing things or it really happened?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I didn't watch the last game, but I watched EJ's first game, and this one, and he looks completely fine out there.
Good because if he was bad in a pre-season game we would have to start arguing about trading him for an upgrade.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Dater says that Girard and EJ got "beat up pretty badly" by Seguin's line. Admittedly I didn't watch the whole game but I did watch a good chunk of it and didn't see that. Is he seeing things or it really happened?

Seguins line beats up almost everyone. Definitely had moments where the soderberg line couldnt do a thing, but it wasnt a killing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

It was a sloppy game, mostly by the forwards defensively. EJ and Girard didn't get beat up, that's ridiculous. They were only on the ice for one goal against, and Seguin's line wasn't even on the ice.

The Nemeth-Barberio pairing was the one that had the tough night. Nemeth was on the ice for 4 goals against, and Barberio 3.

Play By Play

The only thing people should be looking for out of EJ in pre-season is if he's healthy and moving around the ice well. He looks fine in that regard. We should all know by now he's a very good defenseman when healthy.

Reactions: Balthazar

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Watched plays here and there, but didn't watch the whole game since my stream kept cutting off and on a couple of times.

- Varlamov made some good saves, but looked really shaky at times. He's probably going to be the start for game one, but not sure he has been better than Grubauer.
- It seemed that Barberio was on the ice for every Stars goal, not sure if it was pure coincidence or if he was to blame, but that's what I noticed.
- Landeskog and Rantanen were both wonderful, but I thought Girard was the best player on the ice for me.
- Calvert was fantastic.
- I think O'Connor needs some AHL seasoning, but perhaps from this training camp he has enough talent to find his way as a Gork replacement one day.

Pretty boring game but whatever

Excited for our first game
Eh, what? It was boring because it was preseason, but that was a very fun game to watch - a ton of offence, not a lot of defense.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I didn't watch the third period but it hadn't happened in the first two. At least not constantly. I liked EJ in this game, he was much more focused than in the game before. Girard was good, too.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
And Mackinnon produces more than Greg Zanon.....
What's your point?

Coz Grig's performance didn't translate to the season proper, Kerfoot's performance won't?

Sorry, I don't buy that mate. It's a little glass half empty stuff.

He just said theres a chance that the preseason performance does not automatically translate into the reg. season. Jeez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad