Worst contract on the Habs?

Which contract is the worst?

• Total voters

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Heard someone on NHL Radio saying Price had the worst contract in the sport, but to me that Weber contract looks worse and worse.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's tough though, in MTL the process of a true rebuild is brutal with fans and media, they do not accept not being competitive very well, and I can see that pressure not helping with a few of the bad contracts.

Prob TML and MTL are by far the hardest markets to reset in, and MTL even more so, they pray at the church of Habs, life is Habs.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Price/Alzner are both fairly bad contracts, Carey may be worth it for a few more seasons while Alzner will most likely not be.
Weber's isn't so bad considering he'll retire with 3/4 years left and penalties will be on Nashville.

I'll go with Alzner.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Price.

The Price is WRONG.png

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Very good players but Price and Weber are still elite players no matter what the hf rhetoric might say

There's a good chance those contracts will really, really suck down the road but it isn't a guarantee yet
Weber is awful in transition, a poor shot suppressor, and a black hole on the power play because he’s not an effective playmaker. Price just had a miserable season though I will agree he could bounce back and be the Habs best player.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

ProductofCanada

Jun 21, 2018
Why do you guys think Carey Price has a bad contract? Putting aside last year where the entire team didnt play well, hes put up outstanding numbers and at 8M for one of the best goalies in the league and cap inflation, MTL should be singing Careys praises with his contract no?

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Why do you guys think Carey Price has a bad contract? Putting aside last year where the entire team didnt play well, hes put up outstanding numbers and at 8M for one of the best goalies in the league and cap inflation, MTL should be singing Careys praises with his contract no?

His cap hit is 10.5 Million, not 8.

I don't think there's a single goaltender worth more than 7.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This question is most definitely price

Alzner has 4 years left at 4.67.. it's bad but it won't cripple the franchise.

Price has 8 !! Years left at 10.5 million a year and his contract just kicked in and he's turning 31.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Carey Price had his worst season ever. I still think he's a goalie who can compete for Hart trophy every year

If he regains form its a fine contract. People are too obsessed with the idea of paying a goalie a lot of money. If the goalie is worth it it's fine - and other than last season he usually is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad