Worst Contract of Summer 2019: Revisited

Which contract ended up being the worst?

• Jordan Eberle - 5.5 x 5 NYI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joonas Donskoi - 3.9 x 4 CO

• Micheal Ferland - 3.5 x 4 VAN

• Colton Sissons - 2.85 x 7 NSH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
We ran a poll earlier in the Summer:
Worst Contract of Summer 2019
Results:
qcQpRTI.png

Changes for this poll include...

Added:
+ Brandon Tanev
+ Colton Sissons
+ Mitchell Marner
+ Clayton Keller
+ Jacob Trouba
+ Kevin Hayes
+ Tyler Myers

Removed:
- Wayne Simmonds (only a 1 year deal)
- Jake Gardner (some speculated 7M+ - he signed for 4 x 4 on a defensive team)

Last edited:
Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Bobrovsky

When he comes back to earth Florida will be paying ten mill for a backup

With the way contracts are going that could be the going rate by then?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm tempted by Bobrovsky, but Florida desperately needed a goalie and it's hard to pull one of thin air
Voted Skinner then

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d vote for Hayes if he were an option. Don’t know how he isn’t there when there are several good signings up there.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I can understand how people think the Marner contract is too much money which is why he's getting a lot of votes here. I feel that way as well. He shouldn't have gotten that much money, but I can live with it because the kid is a superstar and you gotta hang on to those guys when you get them. But are people actually considering that a worse contract than the Kevin Hayes contract? That's beyond absurd. Overpaid or not, Marner's still a 22 year old 94 point scorer. Hayes is a 27 year old that has exactly one season in his career with 50+ points locked up for 7x7.1M. Marner's contract isn't even remotely close to that disaster of a contract.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It's gotta be Bob, paying 10M for a goalie over 7 years sounds nuts. Paying 10Mx7 for a 31 year old goalie that's coming off his worst season in 3 years is insanity. Hope he does well, but holyyyy is that an easy choice.

Marner, Tanev, Trouba, Hayes, and Myers are all very bad contracts too.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Hayes or Bob, followed by Skinner

Love Skinner but I don't think he's worth 9M right now, let alone 5-6 years from now.

I'd still rather have him at that contract as opposed to letting him walk though.

Reactions: wintersej and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Tanev. I can see why teams like the Panthers and the Predators overpaid for Bobrovsky and Duchene, respectfully. However, there is no reason to even slightly overpay a, what, 4th liner (maybe a 3rd liner on a good day) for 6(!) years. Now, the Pens might have to part with Bjugstad or Rust (both decent players) to fix their cap situation. This is AFTER Rutherford signed Johnson last summer and Hunwick (since traded) the summer before that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad