World U17 Team Ontario beats USA

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Right on.

My main impressions from the one game of Team Ontario I saw (vs. the Czechs) was that:

1) Polesello is a smart, crafty little player
2) Graham is a phenomenal skater

BlackAces*

12, 060 attendance for the GMG. Nobody supports Hockey Canada better than Manitoba.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Thanks. I am watching this game on TV right now and it is 3-3. Didn't know it was over.

Tape delayed broadcast fail.:pullhair:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I can't believe it! It's now 4-3 Canada. Jeez, I hope they score again.:sarcasm:

I guess I shouldn't have assumed a live game would be played at midnight in Winnipeg.

BlackAces*

I really wanted to get out to a Team Atlantic game to see this Nathan MacKinnon kid, but I never got around to it. This tournament starts and ends in a flash.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
man that shoot out goal was very nice

so were both goals by whoever that kid is who shattered the waterbottle

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Both the 4th and 5th goals were ridiculous. That move on the penalty shot was too good for a 16 year old. The goalie lost his shorts on that one.

Canuck71*

can someone youtube Matthew Campagna's penalty shot goal? That was ridiculously smooth, goal deserves some praise.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Awesome. Naturally, I cheer for Team Pacific but in this case I can make an exception. They're wearing the maple leaf, that's all that matters.

Good job boys!

GoJetsGo13

Oct 5, 2010
Just got back from having some victory drinks after the game. Tonight's game was a lot of fun, and there was a great atmosphere in the building. I just wanted to say the Americans showed a lot of class after the game. After each American player was called after the game to receive their 2nd place prize, they skating down the blue line to shake all the Canadian players hands.

It might be the booze talking, but after a game that had a lot of big hits and some dirty plays, it was cool to see the Americans show that type of class. A guy like Don Cherry would of been proud of that. It's like when two guys fight, and after the fight is over they shake hands. It's that type of thing that makes hockey so much better than other sports.

BlackAces*

Just got back from having some victory drinks after the game. Tonight's game was a lot of fun, and there was a great atmosphere in the building. I just wanted to say the Americans showed a lot of class after the game. After each American player was called after the game to receive their 2nd place prize, they skating down the blue line to shake all the Canadian players hands.

It might be the booze talking, but after a game that had a lot of big hits and some dirty plays, it was cool to see the Americans show that type of class. A guy like Don Cherry would of been proud of that. It's like when two guys fight, and after the fight is over they shake hands. It's that type of thing that makes hockey so much better than other sports.

Not surprised with a quality guy like Danton Cole coaching that team.

BlackAces*

Thank you! After he pulled that move, I said to my buddies that move was used by a Jet player, but I couldn't remember who. Zhamnov!

Zhamnov was doing it way before Forsberg got credit for it!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00