World U17 Team Ontario beats USA

BlackAces*

Pretty positive he had another one against the Hawks in 1992.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Congrats to Ontario. They should have won that game by 4 or 5. The difference in speed and skill was quite pronounced. USA had some very slippery forwards and did well to keep it close.

Monahan, Wilson, and Laughton had really strong games for Ontario. For the U.S. Trouba, Jones and Kediles looked good.

Absolute beaut by Campagna. What a silky smooth player.

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Seth Jones - Will someone hurry up and take this kid first overall in a draft? I'm not crazy about watching a big defenseman, who's that smart, who moves that well, playing against Canada at any U-20 or U-18 events in the future!

Jacob Trouba - He came as advertised. Big and mean with a bullet from the point.

Matthew Campagna - Very nice hands on the penalty shot goal.

Sean Monahan - Very smart two way hockey player who made some great offensive plays tonight.

Matia Marcantuoni - He threw some incredible hits, he set up a nice goal and he blocked that Trouba shot at the end of the game. I think he and Gabriel Landeskog might have had a "Freaky Friday" moment before they left Kitchener and Matia just couldn't bring himself to play against Canada.

Robert Polesello - Okay, from the press gallery view, Polesello looks a bit like a refugee from Lilliput out there but the comparisons to Marty St. Louis are well earned.

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
I was at the game and the atmosphere was great!

gotta give credit to the usa goalie Jared Rutledge..he came in and made some nice saves!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Congrats to Ontario. They should have won that game by 4 or 5. The difference in speed and skill was quite pronounced. USA had some very slippery forwards and did well to keep it close.

Monahan, Wilson, and Laughton had really strong games for Ontario. For the U.S. Trouba, Jones and Kediles looked good.

Absolute beaut by Campagna. What a silky smooth player.

absolutely true. I was actually disappointed by the opposition today. I was expecting a win, but not one as easy as that! i HOPE the USA players get their act together before the championship next year.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
12,000 + fans to see a game of 16 year olds?????

WE ARE FRIGGING CRAZY......................................

about hockey:handclap:

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
I just wanna say what a great job Manitoba did in hosting this.
Canadian teams finished 1st Ont, 3rd Pacific, 4th Qc, 5th Atlantic and 6th West.
12,000 plus at the final and kudos to all Canadian teams.

Davebo*

Zhamnov did that move as a rookie? I don't remember hearing any complaints back in the day when this happened. Some 'fans' today sure complain about hot dog moves. Like Omarks recent goal, Subban's big hits, etc

Classless... :sarcasm:

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Seth Jones - Will someone hurry up and take this kid first overall in a draft? I'm not crazy about watching a big defenseman, who's that smart, who moves that well, playing against Canada at any U-20 or U-18 events in the future!

Jacob Trouba - He came as advertised. Big and mean with a bullet from the point.

Matthew Campagna - Very nice hands on the penalty shot goal.

Sean Monahan - Very smart two way hockey player who made some great offensive plays tonight.

Matia Marcantuoni - He threw some incredible hits, he set up a nice goal and he blocked that Trouba shot at the end of the game. I think he and Gabriel Landeskog might have had a "Freaky Friday" moment before they left Kitchener and Matia just couldn't bring himself to play against Canada.

Robert Polesello - Okay, from the press gallery view, Polesello looks a bit like a refugee from Lilliput out there but the comparisons to Marty St. Louis are well earned.

I've read about Popeyes son, but how good is he? Are we getting hype or is he the real deal at this age? If he was eligible at this level and could try out for the Canadian 17 year old team, would he be in the top 4 d rotation for all Canadian 17 year olds?

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
Basketball and hockey have a lot of similarities in how the players set up in the zones. Growing up in a pro B ball environment must have influenced Jones ability to see plays develop as he has very good ability to see the whole ice.
Going to be interesting to see him develop. Who has his WHL rights?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I don't think that little bugger lost a faceoff the entire game I watched him. Came away very impressed.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Basketball and hockey have a lot of similarities in how the players set up in the zones. Growing up in a pro B ball environment must have influenced Jones ability to see plays develop as he has very good ability to see the whole ice.
Going to be interesting to see him develop. Who has his WHL rights?

Everett. :cry:

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
the U17 tourny

Just saw the last bit of it. Wow, Canada is having an awesome year in international hockey it seems. If we get gold tonight in the juniors it will be fantastic! :) And ya, what a nice turn-out for the under 17 tourny! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad