18 F Maier Andreas Brynäs IF
19 F Ölund Linus Brynäs IF
20 F Ek Eriksson Joel Färjestads BK
21 F Neubauer Henrik Färjestads BK
22 F Kalte Anton Timrå IK
23 F Magnusson Philip Rögle BK

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Probably gonna be hard to win gold this year. But always an interesting measuring stick heading into Hlinka/U18's next year.

Doesn't look like the games will be streamed for free this year.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Asplund is way better than average in my book.

Yeah, average was the wrong word. Asplund is really good, probably the best forward here. He doesn't look as good as the top forwards in the previous years though. I haven't really seen him play that much so maybe I'm wrong. Also forgot to mention Sandström, he looks promising.

Watched a little bit of the U17 camp scrimmages, Bourmman was the guy that caught my eye. Kylington is also very noticeable but perhaps a little bit too good for this level, tried to do too much.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Jonathan Léman? Am i the only one that think he's the best D after Kylington?

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, average was the wrong word. Asplund is really good, probably the best forward here. He doesn't look as good as the top forwards in the previous years though. I haven't really seen him play that much so maybe I'm wrong. Also forgot to mention Sandström, he looks promising.

Watched a little bit of the U17 camp scrimmages, Bourmman was the guy that caught my eye. Kylington is also very noticeable but perhaps a little bit too good for this level, tried to do too much.

IMO Ahl, Asplund, Emanuelsson and Grundström is the only FW's thats "above average".

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg

Yea the 97's are a weaker class in between strong 96 and 98 age groups.

Edit: Just remembered Asplund is a late 97 so he's not draft eligible until 2016, making 2015 look even worse.

Last edited:

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
IMO Ahl, Asplund, Emanuelsson and Grundström is the only FW's thats "above average".

Imo Lööke and Ölund is "above average". Ölund captain in Brynäs j18 and second most points by all 97 in all j18-leagues! He's the player that's improved he's game since last season. Asplund has been average when he plays against good teams..

Last edited:

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
I know he plays a big role here. But how's he doing with MoDo?

He's a regular in Modos J20 and he's been playing real solid. Good size, poised, great with the puck and he actually played forward the year before TV-pucken, so he still got lots to learn in the own zone, even though he's solid there now.

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Both Löke and Leman was among my favourites in last years TV-pucken, together with Jesper Ylivainio and Einar Emanuelsson. Anyone know if Ylivainio is injuried, or why he did not make the team?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yea the 97's are a weaker class in between strong 96 and 98 age groups.

Edit: Just remembered Asplund is a late 97 so he's not draft eligible until 2016, making 2015 look even worse.

Although not necessarily only first rounds talents; Kovacs, Timashov, Franzén, R.Andersson are late 96s and go 2015.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Although not necessarily only first rounds talents; Kovacs, Timashov, Franzén, R.Andersson are late 96s and go 2015.

Oh right, counted them towards the 96's. The september 15 cut off makes things difficult. :laugh: Notwithstanding, 97 as a year group, not draft group looks weak.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
SO loss today against Canada West. A win against Canada Pacific will clinch a semifinal spot. Probably some outside scenarios aswell with OTL and such.

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
I only saw the first three games and from what i saw there wasn't that many players that impressed me.

Felix Sandström is of course a future great goalkeeper.

Bouramman was good in the offensive zone, but too many wrong passes and he could not keep up with the defensive imo.

Leman and Lucas Carlsson where the defenders which I thought played the best in the both zones.

Filip Ahl was huge and difficult to take the puck from.

Dahlström is a big suprise for me, great speed and intensity.

Kalte, Ölund och Erixon where the other players that i liked, they played simple and worked hard all the time.

But were where Einar Emanuelsson? Did he play? And Carl Grundström?

Both of them have much to prove, i also want too see a little more of Asplund.

Any thought's about my opinions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad