Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Sox roar back to win Game 4 - Price will start Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Tonight we see what the Red Sox are made of. I also love that they went for it last night, too. Hoping for a good showing tonight!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The chart tracks pitches that the umpire called balls and strikes on. Triangles are pitches thrown by Sox pitchers, Squares are pitches thrown by Dodger pitchers. Red is a called strike, green a called ball.

Effectively it shows that the Dodgers were getting more pitches called strikes that were off the plate than us, and we were getting more balls called in the zone. It was especially bad with left-handed batters at the plate.

In summary: Umps gave the Dodgers a more favorable zone than the Sox. Not the only reason they lost, but a contributing factor.

On a side note, that is partially why I wasn't so mad at Betts for the 0-fer. at least twice (and definitely in his last AB in the 18th), he got punched out on a pitch so far outside it wasn't fair, and that was with men on. Bogaerts flat out sucked with his approach though.

Thank you!

Helps a lot.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Rich Hill blowing a fastball by JD Martinez

Gotta give Hill credit for the late career resurgence. It looks like every pitch is a struggle for him and he throws these big looping curves that take forever to get there. Almost looks like you're watching a wiffle ball or slow pitch softball pitcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad