Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Sox roar back to win Game 4 - Price will start Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Tonight will be won or lost by the Red Sox coaches.

Most Sox hitters last night were just up there swinging for the fences. They need to stop that. String hits together and get some runs that way. The long ball won’t win this for the Red Sox tonight. It’s up to the coaching staff to get the lineup refocused.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We all knew Ted Barrett was jobbing us last night, but here's visual proof

fastmap.php

fastmap.php

That's a lot of green triangles inside the box and red squares outside...

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Betts CF
Benintendi LF
Pearce 1B
Martinez RF
Bogaerts SS
Núñez 3B
Holt 2B
Vázquez C

Lineup was just released

Attachments

• EEF5BC13-1D3A-4C32-A0F4-E497D8B8F3A7.png
    EEF5BC13-1D3A-4C32-A0F4-E497D8B8F3A7.png
    625 KB · Views: 3

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
No Kinsler is a good thing. That guy is probably a puddle right now and will morph into Chuck Knoblauch throwing the ball into the stands.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We all knew Ted Barrett was jobbing us last night, but here's visual proof

fastmap.php

fastmap.php

That's a lot of green triangles inside the box and red squares outside...

So....I don’t follow the game this way......not trying to sound smug.....the truth is I’m old and truly don’t have time to learn new tricks.

Can someone summarize?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So....I don’t follow the game this way......not trying to sound smug.....the truth is I’m old and truly don’t have time to learn new tricks.

Can someone summarize?

The chart tracks pitches that the umpire called balls and strikes on. Triangles are pitches thrown by Sox pitchers, Squares are pitches thrown by Dodger pitchers. Red is a called strike, green a called ball.

Effectively it shows that the Dodgers were getting more pitches called strikes that were off the plate than us, and we were getting more balls called in the zone. It was especially bad with left-handed batters at the plate.

In summary: Umps gave the Dodgers a more favorable zone than the Sox. Not the only reason they lost, but a contributing factor.

On a side note, that is partially why I wasn't so mad at Betts for the 0-fer. at least twice (and definitely in his last AB in the 18th), he got punched out on a pitch so far outside it wasn't fair, and that was with men on. Bogaerts flat out sucked with his approach though.

Reactions: sarge88 and Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Any word on Dodgers lineup yet?

Really curious to see if Roberts goes with the RHB heavy lineup against the lefty again.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's cool seeing all Sox fans with the same reaction to a pitcher giving up a walk off homer. Eovaldi has been so damn good, probably the team's MVP in the playoffs. It's like eh what are you gonna do, someone finally hit one off him. And that's precisely what the reaction should be.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Apparently Sale, Price, and Porcello all volunteered to start tonight.

Even they don't wanna see ERod pitch! ;)

Porcello starting would be hilarious though. With the Rays doing what they did all year, Counsel in playoffs, Oakland's bullpen game against the Yanks, Cora using starters out of the pen...pitching as we know it is under a complete overhaul. Probably the biggest change in the game since Tony LaRussa started doing his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad