Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Red Sox lead 2-0!! - Game 3 8:09 PM - FOX, SN, RDS. WEEI-FM 93.7 - BEAT LA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Like I said and been saying the Sox will win WS.. that was evident to me at least during the season...and they will win in 5 vs LA as I said.
Kershaw = loser( not monetarily ofcourse)
Go ahead get the WTV and celebrate!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So far the Sox have won 9 games in the postseason and Price has been the winner in 2 of them.

upload_2018-10-25_0-58-22.png

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Part of me is now regretting not working the games in LA but I just can't do another long trip for a while.

I am driving to Buffalo on Sunday after working the Bruins game Saturday. I am working the Canadian feed on Sat which will be Bob Cole's last ever game in Boston.

I am really, really tempted to try to get to LA for game 4.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am really, really tempted to try to get to LA for game 4.

If the Dodgers lose on Friday the secondary ticket market will collapse - but you only have 11 possible flights out of Boston that would get a fan out there in time for a 5:09 PM start.

I worked the games in 2004 and 2013 when the Sox won it all and if it comes back here I will work Games 6 and 7. I have to balance my commitments to Rogers in Canada for the Montreal game on Saturday and ESPN for the Pats game on Monday.

Also, Dodger Stadium can be very dangerous if the home team fails and that is well documented.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If the Dodgers lose on Friday the secondary ticket market will collapse - but you only have 11 possible flights out of Boston that would get a fan out there in time for a 5:09 PM start.

I worked the games in 2004 and 2013 when the Sox won it all and if it comes back here I will work Games 6 and 7. I have to balance my commitments to Rogers in Canada for the Montreal game on Saturday and ESPN for the Pats game on Monday.

Also, Dodger Stadium can be very dangerous if the home team fails and that is well documented.

Vegas to LA. Much easier, and yeah Dodger stadium is a shit hole and the fans there are also horrible.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Vegas to LA. Much easier, and yeah Dodger stadium is a **** hole and the fans there are also horrible.

I know I-15 well - I blew a head gasket in Baker, CA as the engine could not handle the AC being on full in the heat.

Dodger Stadium is far worse than Yankee Stadium or Philadelphia.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Back home and now will watch the finished product of the FOX show.

I started working in this business when 4 cameras were the norm for both hockey and baseball. Tonight we used 31 :help:

I was lucky as I worked several years for WNBC-TV in New York as a 'summer relief' camera operator in what was classified as studio field. I got assigned to field thanks to Biff Henderson and got to work with Harry Coyle. My work schedule has me working game show tapings at 30 Rock mid week and baseball somewhere on weekends. I was offered a fulltime job with both WNBC-TV and KNBC-TV in LA but elected to stay in Boston with WSBK because under union scale the money was the same.

Harry Coyle INVENTED televised baseball and his production bible written in the 1950's still applies today.

When the networks get involved everything is scripted - except the game itself.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Dodger Stadium is far worse than Yankee Stadium or Philadelphia.

I never would have thought that, but now that you mention it, I can totally see it. LA is a very dangerous place, and it would stand to reason that some dangerous people might also be Dodger fans. There was that incident in the parking lot not too long ago...

As far as “on the field” stuff goes, I think that IF the Dodgers have a prayer of winning this series, they’ll need to win all three games in LA because there’s no way in hell they’ll be able to win TWO games at Fenway.

Right now it looks like the Red Sox are on cruise control. The Dodgers are toast.

PS: I love your stories, Fenway. What an interesting life you lead.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Obviously the Sox could still lose but goddamn is it an absolutely phenomenal what we are seeing in this city over the last 20 years. We were title town when the bruins won, the city has scooped up what...3 more championships since then??? The celts look poised to win another one in the next 3-5 years. The bruins...we’ll see. Incredible though

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really only spend my time over here during baseball season (and it's still not much time), but WHOOO!! TWO MORE people! At this point, don't care if it doesn't come back to Fenway (though that'd admittedly be awesome), but I'd rather they just get it done!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
In previous WS going to the NL park was a big disadvantage to Boston given they had to take a guy like Millar/Napoli out of the lineup while the NL didn’t really have a great DH option anyways so it wasn’t a big loss for them. This year I think it helps Boston more...they remove JBJ and his sub-200 average while LA will probably have to take out one of Kemp/Taylor/Puig/Pederson.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad