Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Red Sox lead 2-0!! - Game 3 8:09 PM - FOX, SN, RDS. WEEI-FM 93.7 - BEAT LA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
2-0

They retired the last 16 Dodgers. I am starting to feel like Sale is not good in October, he has been making the Astros and especially the Dodgers offense looking like juggernauts. Basically anyone else had little trouble so far.

We will get that baby back to Boston in a worst case scenario, that's gotta count for something.
Eh, he's down 2-3 MPH, which is big (93/94 to 96/97) when you are a strike out pitcher.

My concern is this being a symptom not a bug and that Sale can be "Sale" for a full season + playoffs next year (or further).

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Eh, he's down 2-3 MPH, which is big (93/94 to 96/97) when you are a strike out pitcher.

My concern is this being a symptom not a bug and that Sale can be "Sale" for a full season + playoffs next year (or further).

I don’t know what else they can do though to make sure he is strong in October...not let him pitch after May? They were so cautious this year and it hasn’t seemed to make any difference.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-24_23-31-1.png

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I don’t know what else they can do though to make sure he is strong in October...not let him pitch after May? They were so cautious this year and it hasn’t seemed to make any difference.
Ya that is exactly my fear. He's outstanding when on, but it feels like he wears down quick. Wikipedia tells me he's 6'6" & 180 lbs... Likely would never go to the pen so maybe just see how he goes next year then decide on extension or release.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Top 4 regular season HR hitters for LA didn’t start...could you imagine the comments around here if Cora did that??

It's been a stupid decision, because it's not like Sale was cruising through the post-season and hiding lefties from him would be some kind of last resort. He's been very mortal, but by taking out all the LHH, you make it seem like you are scared before the first pitch is thrown.

Plus going to Madsen in high leverage situations hasn't worked out well either. Gotta question some decisions with Urias and Baez in the pen.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Part of me is now regretting not working the games in LA but I just can't do another long trip for a while.

I am driving to Buffalo on Sunday after working the Bruins game Saturday. I am working the Canadian feed on Sat which will be Bob Cole's last ever game in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad