World Series: Mets vs Royals - Part 2

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
seriously, pinning that on duda is just irresponsible.

harvey shouldn't have been out there and wright should have let flores take the play. pinning a play like that on your average at the very best first baseman making a difficult throw that he's rushed into is just bad.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The Giants have won 3 World Series in 5 years. They arent lucky.

No they aren't.

(reminds me....on the Pens board there there is a small group of posters that claim the main thing that the Chicago Blackhaws have over the Penguins, since '09, is luck, I kid you not.....Hahaha)

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Not on a play you're trying to keep a runner at 3rd. That's a slow dribbler with Perez running. Hosmer got that extra lead due to no one keeping him on.

He would have been gunned down anyways if Duda can make a half decent throw. For all we know if Wright backs off for all we know it confuses Flores and the ball gets through and the situation becomes worse.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Of course they are an incredible team, but you have to have some luck on your side to in the postseason to win championships.

Of curse every team that win a championship needs some luck. Im not sure how the Royals or Giants have been luckier than others. Both have great bullpen's and play great defense.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
He would have been gunned down anyways if Duda can make a half decent throw. For all we know if Wright backs off for all we know it confuses Flores and the ball gets through and the situation becomes worse.

1- that was not a routine play for duda who is not a good defensive first baseman.
2- flores was cut off by wright, he was in position to make the play and would have been facing the runner at third. it would have taken away hosmer's ability to break when wright turned his back to finally make the throw.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Flores was right there to make the play.

Duda shouldn't have had to make a throw. Hosmer doesn't run if Wright makes the (w)right play.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Duda didn't even have to make a strong throw home to get Hosmer. All he had to do is get it there.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
that went from a routine play to a complicated one once wright cut the ball off and basically forced duda's hand to make a defensive play that he's not capable of making.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
No they aren't.

(reminds me....on the Pens board there there is a small group of posters that claim the main thing that the Chicago Blackhaws have over the Penguins, since '09, is luck, I kid you not.....Hahaha)

Saying the Giants aren't lucky is truly absurd. That doesn't mean they didn't deserve to win, but chance has a large impact on professional sports, otherwise the "better" team would win every game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Duda didn't even have to make a strong throw home to get Hosmer. All he had to do is get it there.

When all the pressure is on you as a fielder, a routine throw can become that. That throw never happens if Wright has more situatonal awareness and trusts his ss.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I mean, adrenaline and panic are real. That's why aggressive plays like Hosme made can work. He should have never had the opportunity.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
When all the pressure is on you as a fielder, a routine throw can become that. That throw never happens if Wright has more situatonal awareness and trusts his ss.

This is all predicated on Hosmer not running. Which I'm not certain was a sure thing.

I agree about the pressure in that scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad