World Series: Mets vs Royals - Part 2

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
considering how much money is being spent, let the owner hold the trophy. i'm sure the players are figuring out what to drink first anyway.

anyway, like i said about KC, snakes in the grass. it does at least make me feel better about my team losing the way they did in G4

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
no issues at all leaving Harvey in. He deserved to go back out there. Met fans need to be asking where the offense went. game 3 aside. 3 hits tonight in a elimination game.
not good enough. not even ****ing close.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
you can leave him in all you want.

he should have been gone before cain got to first base on that walk. it just ratcheted up the leverage for familia and then familia gets brought in with the tying run in scoring position and nobody out.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Leaving Harvey in just felt like if anything happened they didn't really have a Plan B. They were obviously letting him win the game, but when it started to fall apart they once again seemed stunned KC could do this and panicked.

All that said, they still had to win 2 more games in KC. We can point at the Harvey move for ages, but they had other issues.

edit: those hats are weird. they look like a NASCAR design

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Collins doesn't have anyone he trusts in that pen outside of Familia. That is also was an issue for pretty much the whole post season. Clippard maybe to an extent but that was it. Not counting Colon because he is a starter down there.
the rest if that pen is hot garbage.

KC just seemed like a team of destiny.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was the only way it was going to end.

As soon as Harvey gave up the walk, I knew it was over. Seen enough of sports to know when someone is about it blow it, and that was it. There's no way Harvey takes the mound in the 9th if the game was in KC. They'll have to live with that just like KC had to live with having the tying run on 3rd. Collins had his Grady Little moment.

Congrats to Kansas City and their fans. I'm sure it has to feel so sweet after not just last year but all those lean years as well. Still blows my mind a little bit seeing this given that franchise was dead for my entire life.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I knew the Mets were in trouble when Cespedes fouled that ball off his leg. The energy in the building completely died after that. It turned into a free out basically when the game was on the line. What sucks is the Mets could've won this thing in 5 games.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Had absolutely no issue with leaving Harvey in for the 9th. He should have been out as soon as someone reached though. Just like game 4, Terry stuck with the pitcher for one batter too many. Oh well.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Underrated bad play was Wright leaving 3rd to cut off Flores, if he stays close to the bag maybe Hosmer doesn't try to score.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Familia's 3 "blown saves" has to be the most odd stat of this series. 2 were a direct result result of errors and he allowed only 2 hits in the 1.2 innings he pitched in those last 2 games

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Watching the tieing run again and I didn't realize Hosmer was only halfway down the line when Duda threw the ball. I agree with an earlier post that Wright should have let Flores field the ball but Hosmer is the goat if Duda's throw is accurate. It wouldn't have been close.

bEzPeNm.jpg

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Watching the tieing run again and I didn't realize Hosmer was only halfway down the line when Duda threw the ball. I agree with an earlier post that Wright should have let Flores field the ball but Hosmer is the goat if Duda's throw is accurate. It wouldn't have been close.

bEzPeNm.jpg

You can be sure the Royals would have challenged the plate was blocked on anything close but I guarantee you they never overturn that call in that situation unless D'arnaud was standing on the plate

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

bEzPeNm.jpg

When the ball bounces off of d'Arnaud's glove Hosmer isn't even in the picture yet. It should have been a routine throw from first to home. They didn't even need a good throw from Duda, basically anything catchable and Hosmer is out with ease.

Oct 18, 2011
terry collins.....wow what a disaster, i had no problem with him letting harvey start the 9th but as soon as he walked the leadoff batter with hosmer coming up i was yelling at the tv to pull him, that was a clear cut sign that harvey was fading, the numbers on pitchers after 100 pitches speak for themselves, you can't give them any rope there

but the royals were the better team it must make SABR people sick that ned yost won a world series, a year after nearly winning it before but they'll find a way to discredit him somehow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad