Prospect Info: World Juniors II: Sweden Drops the Soderbomb

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No, he is the second best goalie prospect behind Askarov and still feel that way. But the point that Russia or USA would get Canada because of their goalie which has been a drumbeat for me for months just happened. First round goalie talent matters, they can steal games on the biggest stage, the ultimate x-factor.

Would you be surprised if Spencer is a better pro? I don’t think I would be.

Reactions: jaster

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not a surprise. Think about the strength of the US D+2 draft class.

It is the greatest 19 year old age group in the history of the country. Glad to see them take this down, it is fitting of that group even if Jack Hughes was absent. Still this has been this groups destiny and glad they got to pay it off against an arch-rival.

Reactions: MBH and Henkka

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I think they are likely top 5 goalies. Personally I still rank Askarov as better, I expect him to come back in his 19 year old season and much like Knight be head and shoulders above this age group. We will see. I think he is a little more athletic and once he gets his hands sorted I think he will ultimately be marginally better, both guys are superstar goalies though.

Knight is going to be a high-end goalie in the NHL.

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Goalies are weird, won't surprise me at all if one is better than the other. I like Knight more, myself, but SO much of the position is mental, and we as fans just don't see that part of these prospects.

I liked Cam York in that game a lot.

Came to post the same. A few really key defensive plays that broke up developing scoring chances. Helluva game from a very good player.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
These kids belching out the Star Spangled Banner on top of the world. USA!

Nice to see some folks with patriotism. (just like all other countries do too)

upload_2021-1-6_0-12-40.png

Reactions: LeighDx59

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think they are likely top 5 goalies. Personally I still rank Askarov is better I still do, I expect him to come back in his 19 year old season and much like Knight be head and shoulders above this age group. We will see. I think he is a little more athletic and once he gets his hands sorted I think he will ultimately be marginally better, both guys are superstar goalies though.

Knight is going to be a high-end goalie in the NHL.
Team Russia goalie Askarov stood at the blue line and watched Team Finland celebrate by himself

"Yaroslav Askarov stood on the blue line by himself and watched Finland celebrate. #WorldJuniors pic.twitter.com/UsLBOVVW8q
— TSN (@TSN_Sports) January 6, 2021
This not only shows resilience, but also great class and character.
And it didn’t go unnoticed as fans applauded the young goalie for his desire to experience this heartbreak and stay to learn the lesson.
Respect??
— -.- (@GronkDFS) January 6, 2021
Shows incredible class and character
— Awesome Life (@LifeIsAwesome22) January 6, 2021
Pride no matter what. Way to keep your head up be proud. Great job ??
— LEAFS FANatic (@fanatic_leafs) January 6, 2021
We bet Askarov will come back more determined than ever and the Russians will be a competitive team next tournament, looking to get on that podium.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Congrats to the U S of A
Congrats to Canada as well
Congrats and thank you to our great Young Lions, country is proud of you.

Eesti Viro is not only Red Wing who brought a medal home. AGM Ryan Martin seems to be scout for Team USA. Congrats to Viro and Martin as well!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad