GDT: World Juniors Championship 2022

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Jiricek goes down and Czech can’t get out of their own zone

before he went down with injury he was their best possession player by a mile.

he had like 4 entry denials in half a game.

Ferraro said if MacTavish and Power look like men against boys, than Jiricek looked like that for the Czech, as you could tell he is playing in a mens league and is more polished.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hughes doesn't look that good. Certainly looks bigger than Quinn Hughes, but doesn't ever put his opponents on their heels like Quinn can do.

Luke just got nutmegged on the 2nd Slovak goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Marco Kasper is the type of player I think we should be targeting with a potential 2nd first rounder.

He is probably 4 years away from being an NHL player but he has a very high upside and we can afford to wait for him to develop

Jiricek is going to go in the top 5 easily (assume is didnt suffer a season ending injury) and I would be over the moon if we were able to get him.

Im going to watch the Slovaks game today to see how Nemec, Mesar and Juraskovsky play. The Slovaks have a good team this year.

The other player who stood out to me for the Czechs was Kulich.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
We drafted 9th. Edvinsson went to Detroit at #6.

Reality is that the Canucks had missed the cut-off to that upper echelon of players by one pick. If they had 8th overall or if one of the above teams went off the board they wouldn't have traded it away IMO.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Americans jerseys are God awful.
Borderline illegal

I think they they look sharp—just not Team USA. They look like the SKA Saint-Petersburg jerseys!

teamusa.png ska.jpeg

Reactions: mossey3535

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Reality is that the Canucks had missed the cut-off to that upper echelon of players by one pick. If they had 8th overall or if one of the above teams went off the board they wouldn't have traded it away IMO.
Sounds more like speculation than reality lol

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Michkov was noticeable. Bedard didnt get much of a chance. This years draft is so meh compared to next year. Would you trade Pettersson for 1st overall next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad