Prospect Info: World Junior Summer Showcase [July 29-Aug 5]

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If there's interest in discussing this, we should have a place for it. Jost, Makar and Timmins are scheduled to attend. Canada does not play until Tuesday with split squad games and then full squad games on Wed, Fri, Sat on NHL Net and TSN. USA has started today against Sweden and Finland in split squad contests.

This looks to have full stats and box scores

http://www.usahockeyarena.com/page/show/3508969?subseason=418967&tab=content

I wrote a little about it and the tv schedule here

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2017...case-colorado-avalanche-prospects-team-canada

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I didn't see Jost on the roster. Is that normal?

I may try to go on Tuesday and Saturday, but for sure won't catch all of the first game Tuesday. It's about 40 minutes away and I have something scheduled for 3-4PM on Tuesday. I haven't been up there yet, so should be a fun experience. Can't beat 10$ all day admission.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Which roster are you looking at? And no it wouldn't be unusual if he didn't play. MacKinnon attended the camp but didn't play after he was drafted. Might be up to the player or team if they want to get in the games.

That's cool if you go, would be a neat experience and definitely tell us about it. I'm excited some of this stuff will be on tv.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
It's old news but Makar was 15.3 lbs heavier than Heiskanen at the combine? That's quite a lot.

He was 187.44 lbs, with dedicated training he should be over 190 to start the season in the NCAA. He isn't huge but he isn't small either.

5'11" 190 is small. That's just a fact.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I saw him with my own eyes, he's not small. I think he's already bigger than Jost. Who btw just put up a photo on IG that should calm fears that he hasn't put muscle on. I'm sure if you really want to see it can be googled.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs might have coveted Heiskanen, considered the best DMen at the draft and only listed as 2" taller and substantially 18 lbs lighter. Makar is not small and getting bigger and stronger. Confident to play for the worst college team in possibly the strongest division in the NCAA. He will get plenty of ice time and expected to carry the team. A potential all-star is too early to predict, but love his attitude, confidence and leadership to show his potential.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I saw him with my own eyes, he's not small. I think he's already bigger than Jost. Who btw just put up a photo on IG that should calm fears that he hasn't put muscle on. I'm sure if you really want to see it can be googled.

How many Dmen in the league are 5'11" or less? Not many. I don't care how jacked he is, 5'11" is small for a Dman. 190 is small for a Dman. Size is easily measured and compared, and compared to the rest of the league he is small.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
How many Dmen in the league are 5'11" or less? Not many. I don't care how jacked he is, 5'11" is small for a Dman. 190 is small for a Dman. Size is easily measured and compared, and compared to the rest of the league he is small.

There is some chance he gets little bit bigger, but guys like Enstrom, and Campbell have been pretty good on the defensive side. So it's not impossible for him to learn to defend at a high level. If I had to guess he'll be similar in size to Letang.

I'm skeptical of Makar, but you are taking this to a whole other level to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad