GDT: World Junior Discussion 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Mark Masters just said, and I believe he was quoting Sutter "....brought the best players available"

Well, no, clearly, they didnt.

Bobby Mac is even pandering to Hockey Canada.

It's a shame he has to do that, with TSN frozen out of NHL games in the new deal. We all know the selection committee took a huge dump.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
So Finland got 10 minutes in minor penalties, but if the missed elbowing major cancels out part of that then really Finland only had 5 mins/2.5 minor penalties against them.

Still think Finland will win in OT. Dansk has looked shaky.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Hahahahahaha the softest calls and multiple in a row, you a swede or what hahahhaha

You need a new TV, the PP they scored on was off a play where the Swedish player was going to get to the puck first in the corner but the Finnish guy held his stick and dragged him down. You can't get much more blatant than that.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Damn what a nice goal. Cant believe Chicago got teravainen and that he fell so far in the draft, he looks dirty out there.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Tera, Saaros, Risto, Barkov, Maenalainen, Honka, Ikonen, Kapanen....

Finland should be well represented in the NHL very soon. Their program is really taking strides.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Happy Finland won. They always come close but end up taking the Bronze or Silver, pretty much never Gold. Good for them, a lot of talk was made that their prospect pipeline and chance of future professional stars was wearing thin but they've really got some solid young players over the last 3 years or so who have stepped up and done well.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Damn what a nice goal. Cant believe Chicago got teravainen and that he fell so far in the draft, he looks dirty out there.

One of the best teams in the NHL drafts Teravainen, Saad, etc and Leafs draft Gauthier, Biggs, etc :shakehead

Anyways congrats to Finland, happy they won. Risto was a ****ing BEAST!

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
One of the best teams in the NHL drafts Teravainen, Saad, etc and Leafs draft Gauthier, Biggs, etc :shakehead

To be fair, there was no way we could've gotten Teravainen unless we had acquired a mid-late first. We definitely wouldn't pick him over Rielly. I wish we had drafted Saad though.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

They didn't become the best team for no reason.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
To be fair, there was no way we could've gotten Teravainen unless we had acquired a mid-late first. We definitely wouldn't pick him over Rielly. I wish we had drafted Saad though.

Yeah it's just if you look at the whole body of work, it's embarrassing that our drafting isn't top 5 considering no salary cap and we're the richest team with the most resources.

So it wasn't so much as picking on those guys per say.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne

Why would you compare Gauthier (2013 draft) to Teravainen (2012 draft)? I'm pretty happy with Morgan Rielly in 2012, y'know, the guy who was too good to play in the tournament.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
i think im desensitized to any losses after Leafs/Boston Game 7 last spring...at least Canada lost to the WJC Champs 2014.

congrats to the finns.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Why would you compare Gauthier (2013 draft) to Teravainen (2012 draft)? I'm pretty happy with Morgan Rielly in 2012, y'know, the guy who was too good to play in the tournament.

It wasn't comparing as it was to show how great Hawks drafting is for a team that isn't drafting in top 10 or top 5.

So thank you captain obvious for pointing out we rather have Rielly over Teravainen. Maybe I should of made it more clear what my point was.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
hawks have a core team that plays their system which allowsefringe players to step in and contribute. same with pens and boston.

leafs don't have anything close to that.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It wasn't comparing as it was to show how great Hawks drafting is for a team that isn't drafting in top 10 or top 5.

So thank you captain obvious for pointing out we rather have Rielly over Teravainen. Maybe I should of made it more clear what my point was.

Right now, everything the Hawks touch is turning into gold...you can't just look at their positives and ignore all the negatives:

Barker, Beach, Olsen, Skille, McNeill.

They have had their fair share of "D'oh" moments.

If the Blackhawks knew that Saad was going to be so good so quickly, they would not have drafted him after McNeill.

Chicago passed Saad three times in the draft before finally taking him. Lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad