GDT: World Junior Championships 2013 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Can't figure out how a 4 year veteran and a 1st rd pick like Percy would not be a steady influence in the tournament.

He's just simply not good enough IMO.

He provides a steady presence, sure. But the 7 that they choose are just that much better IMO, in other facets.

Then again, I'm not high on Percy at all.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Final Cuts For World Juniors

Team Canada made it's final 8 cuts ahead of the World Junior Hockey Championships in Russia. They are Frank Corrado, Laurent Brossoit, Daniel Catenacci, Mark McNeill, Ryan Sproul, Tom Wilson, Hunter Shinkaruk & Matt Dumba.

Tune into SPORTSNET 590 The FAN for the very latest, or visit SPORTSNET590.CA

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=411608

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Interactif was Dumba's trumpeter. That was his guy. Weird how this season, Int's big thing is hockey IQ, and Dumb-a couldn't be more devoid of it if he repeatedly hit himself with a mallett.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
ya dumba has looked bad both in the subway series and throughout this camp not sure if he is trying too hard or what. he should not make the team though

Interactif I think.

Interactif was Dumba's trumpeter. That was his guy. Weird how this season, Int's big thing is hockey IQ, and Dumb-a couldn't be more devoid of it if he repeatedly hit himself with a mallett.
He's been very very out of place this season so far. Both in the SSS and WJC.
In the dub he's been okay with his offense but not as great as many were expecting.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
So Ryan Murphy made the team? He's lucky his junior coach is coaching. Hopefully he's the 7th d and doesn't take #1 pp time from Rielly. Hate that Murphy made the team

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
He's been very very out of place this season so far. Both in the SSS and WJC.
In the dub he's been okay with his offense but not as great as many were expecting.

I can't put into words on how happy I am that we picked Rielly over Dumba.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
So Ryan Murphy made the team? He's lucky his junior coach is coaching. Hopefully he's the 7th d and doesn't take #1 pp time from Rielly. Hate that Murphy made the team
I know people praise his offense but man his defense seriously bugs me. I get you are a speedster and the great 4th forward in the o-zone but for the love of god you are a defesmen, get you ass back in the D-zone before they get us.
I can't put into words on how happy I am that we picked Rielly over Dumba.

When burke and morrison said we were thinking of going by center but then changed out mind and we have a defensemen in focus, I knew it was going to be Rielly :) So I am definitely glad because I knew without a doubt has the highest offensive acumen among the defensemen selected in the Draft. While Dumba definitely has a great shot. I was relieved we didn't pick Dumba or Trouba...I'd have punched a wall :laugh:

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
I know people praise his offense but man his defense seriously bugs me. I get you are a speedster and the great 4th forward in the o-zone but for the love of god you are a defesmen, get you ass back in the D-zone before they get us.

Yea he sucks defensively but it bugs me that he's gonna be running the powerplay (most likely with Hamilton) while Rielly will be 2nd pp which stinks! Goddamnit Spott..... At least he took the 2 youngsters. That will be pretty fun to watch

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Yea he sucks defensively but it bugs me that he's gonna be running the powerplay (most likely with Hamilton) while Rielly will be 2nd pp which stinks! Goddamnit Spott..... At least he took the 2 youngsters. That will be pretty fun to watch

Lol Who knows maybe Rielly will impress. More that I think about the more I realize we need to have a defensemen prospect with a shot, I know people like Finns but really don't have one that's booming as say a Murphy, Dumba or Hamilton. Agreed this should be a fun championship with the lockout, it's overflowing with talent at every corner.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

Why would Murphy be on the first PP unit with Hamilton when Rielly is already playing on the top pairing with Hamilton? I'd keep them together.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Why would Murphy be on the first PP unit with Hamilton when Rielly is already playing on the top pairing with Hamilton? I'd keep them together.

Spott really likes Murphy. I mean really likes him lol. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened.

also:
David Broll ‏@brolldozer1993
@mriles4 congrats buddy , great representation for the leaf nation #goforgold

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto

That's what they were talking about on TSN. We'll have to wait and see I guess. I'd keep em together too

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010

Agreed. He's the biggest puck hog / selfish player on the team. Please please do NOT put him on the ice in the dying minutes when we're trailing. He'll just keep trying to go coast to coast every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad