WJC: World Junior Championship best international tournaments in hockey world?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
+
The WJC has a certain charm to it. All the passion, changes in momentum, youthful mistakes, etc. provides for some seriously entertaining hockey.

-
Despite being the most entertaining of the major tourneys, it's probably the least meaningful. It's a kids tournament.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I'm astonished that anyone can claim the chief motivator behind where an event like the WJCs scheduled isn't money. How can one not see that?

So they don't care if people are interested in the tournament? Obviously they do because one isn't without the other.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I love the World Juniors because I watch it as the coming out party for a lot of future NHLers. Not many of us have the time to watch all the various leagues for them. For NHL fans we can see our team's prospects or who's upcoming in the draft.

Doesn't bother me at all that eligible players aren't there because they're in the NHL, I don't think of the tournament like that.

I'm not a huge fan of the OG, WCup, WC because i've seen all those people play before, if I wanted to watch them play i'd watch their NHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad