U20: World Junior A Challenge returns

Kabetogama

Jun 11, 2021
SWE U18 - Canada East 4-1

Is Noah Dower-Nilsson injured? Has yet to appear in any games it seems
Yes, Dower Nilsson Is injured. And four defenders are injured or sick. Only four defenders left for the semifinals unless someone comes back…

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Yes, Dower Nilsson Is injured. And four defenders are injured or sick. Only four defenders left for the semifinals unless someone comes back…

ufff..and btw I agree with your statement earlier in the thread I think we're a top team heading in to the U18-WC with a complete roster.

Reactions: Kabetogama

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Outside from his 4 goals, 6 assists, how has Aiden Fink played?
First game I’ve gone to so this is my first time seeing him but he plays with a lot of confidence. Trying to do too much on his own and it’s becoming more noticeable as the east grows their lead. He seems to be getting pretty frustrated out there.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Didnt watch the game but back to back delay of the games penalties and USA scored on both PP's
He literally came out of the box and proceeded to shoot the puck out again from the same spot on the very next play. He also had an interference call in the first and the USA looked really good on the pp. Sweden were lucky it was only 1-0 after 1. I was shocked to then see them go up 3-1.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
2-1 Sweden now. 2 powerplay goals for them.

Kostadinski looks like a completely different player today. He must be on a very short leash. He’s getting pushed around by guys half his size and not fighting back at all.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Canadas goalie was solid today besides that 2nd goal. Does he have a thread yet? Wish more of the tournament was on TV that was a good game to watch today

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
This is a fun little tournament with the different age structures.

Gold: USA
Silver: Canada East
Bronze: Sweden

All-star team:

Aiden Fink-Cole Knuble-Liam Watkins
Eric Pohlkamp-Tom Willander
Noah Erliden

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sweden junior hockey is free falling. Hockey is the only big international sport We are good at, and i cant accept We Will be worse than b-nations.

Didn't catch much of the tournament but what type of roster did Sweden send? I assume most of the top junior age players are playing in the SHL or Allsvenskan. That is not the case with most American players; or for that matter the Canadian kids (though they have multiple teams).

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Didn't catch much of the tournament but what type of roster did Sweden send? I assume most of the top junior age players are playing in the SHL or Allsvenskan. That is not the case with most American players; or for that matter the Canadian kids (though they have multiple teams).
Don't listen to him, he rage quit the boards after Sweden lost against the US in the WJC pre-tournament.

Sweden sent their U18 team. However the top dmen in ASP + Lindstein had to be replaced, & Dower Nilsson was unable to play in a single game. Stenberg, & Nordh both missed 1-2 games. Defensemen injury woes(had to play on 4 dmen during one game because of it).

Even so, the only games Sweden lost were to the US who ended up winning everything, and their first game against Latvia(an OT loss, Latvia sent their U18 team too, so, good for them).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad