Post-Game Talk: World ending confirmed (Leafs win in Carolina 2-1 SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Scoring Chances and High Danger Scoring Chances are based on where the shot was on the ice, whether it was a rebound, or off the rush.

It's mathematical, not subjective.

There is an element of subjectivity though.

While position the shot was taken from is a factor, velocity of the shot, trajectory of the shot & the type of shot are examples factors that at this point are not measured but would have a significant impact on the outcome.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I'm all for people having their opinions but is it not possible that majority of Leaf fans can just sit back and enjoy what's happening? haha we didn't expect this but oh well

Sorry but I did and I know there were quite a few others this summer that thought this team would be competitive. You don't go out and get the best coach in the league and expect to be picking top2-5. If you are, he is not the best coach. Or the team is stripped down like Buffalo was last year. I think they will pick8-12 this draft and come away with at least 3 steals.

KILLERLEAFFAN101

Jan 19, 2008
Toronto
Sorry but I did and I know there were quite a few others this summer that thought this team would be competitive. You don't go out and get the best coach in the league and expect to be picking top2-5. If you are, he is not the best coach. Or the team is stripped down like Buffalo was last year. I think they will pick8-12 this draft and come away with at least 3 steals.

Oh I totally agree man, I called it to my friends before this year I thought this team was going to be a playoff team if It got goaltending.

I'm seriously not one for a continuous tank for years on end. Edmonton, like always, is used as an example. We have Marner and Willie as pieces, elite pieces as scouts would say at that. Riels and Gardzy on the back end, with hopefully Stu blossoming and hoping one of the other guys can figure it out. Even then, we really aren't that bad.

Besides, Stamkos is going to be here next year, win win :naughty:

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
he is already burning off the first year, just because he has a 2 way and he's playing in the A does not give the Leafs any grace

IMO they'll keep him on the farm and let him lead the team through the Calder playoffs, he and Marner together once the Knight's season is over

No. The ELC slides until he is 20. The only way his ELC starts is if he plays 10 games in the NHL.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015

3 steals would be amazing. You have to think at some point the other GM's will look at what the Leafs did at the last draft and how our picks are performing, and say, hmmmmm, maybe they are on to something and start imitating the Leaf drafting strategy?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
3 steals would be amazing. You have to think at some point the other GM's will look at what the Leafs did at the last draft and how our picks are performing, and say, hmmmmm, maybe they are on to something and start imitating the Leaf drafting strategy?

We have the most spies I mean scouts and paid off coaches.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

you'd think that, but GMs still haven't been able to imitate the red wings strategy after 2-3 decades.

you still see guys like schenn and cowen getting picked top 10 every year. hilarious, really.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Oh I totally agree man, I called it to my friends before this year I thought this team was going to be a playoff team if It got goaltending.

I'm seriously not one for a continuous tank for years on end. Edmonton, like always, is used as an example. We have Marner and Willie as pieces, elite pieces as scouts would say at that. Riels and Gardzy on the back end, with hopefully Stu blossoming and hoping one of the other guys can figure it out. Even then, we really aren't that bad.

Besides, Stamkos is going to be here next year, win win :naughty:

I get the feeling the Leafs will be out of the top 10 in the draft.

Yes, they lost Kessel, but I think they improved in other areas, by getting rentals, player development and coaching.

2014-2015 was a perfect storm.

It is still too early to call, but I'm not right yet, still drafting in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad