Not open for further replies.

Poikilitic

Apr 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I predict: 3-1 Sve.
Sundin
Alfredsson (I hope)
Kimmy J.

Tellqvist in net for sure. Or else Hardy is fired.

edit: hehe, Kaberle/Reichel vs. Sundin

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Excellent. I hope Tellqvist does excellent here and earns himself a permanent job as the starting goalie for Sweden.

As for Sundin vs. Kaberle, I think poor Kaberle doesn't stand a chance, Sundin is just too good. :yo:

Poikilitic

Apr 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
MOGiLNY said:
Excellent. I hope Tellqvist does excellent here and earns himself a permanent job as the starting goalie for Sweden.

As for Sundin vs. Kaberle, I think poor Kaberle doesn't stand a chance, Sundin is just too good. :yo:
agreed. :)
But i had a question. What do the players think when they meet each other on the ice when their opposing each other. Like today in the CAN. US game, Rhegher(SP?) checked Conroy, both Flames. Isn't it awkward?

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Conroy signed with LA actually..

But anyways, from the interviews I've read, once the puck is dropped and the game begins, the players don't care who they are playing against, they are just playing to win and if that means making huge hits against their temmates, then so be it.

Remember how Sundin embarassed Cujo in Salt Lake City back when they were teammates? Toronto captain Sundin had no trouble doing that to his team's starting goalie.. Heck, Sundin did the same to Cujo even at the all-star game.

During the games these guys put their friendships aside just like some players forget about their rivalries with each other outside of the hockey rink. For example Tie Domi and Rob Ray have always been huge rivals during hockey games and they would always fight every time their teams met, but outside of hockey, these two are actually good friends..

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I refuse to predict the game since it only turns out the other way around.

But wait! If I predict 4-2 to the Czechs, Sweden is sure to win! ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Great to see Tellqvist in the net. It was probably planned from the get go that both goalies would get a chance.

Noone who saw Canada-USA last nigth can have any objections against Hardy´s d-pairings. The first round is important but the medalround is what counts. Lidas and Kim will create allot of offense, Norström-Ragnarsson& Öhlund-Tjärnqvist will play a more traditional game and can hold there own. IMO a pairing of Johnsson-Ragnarsson could run into allot of problems against a strong team like Canada and if Kim Johnsson is caught in the offensive zone I rather have Lidstrom covering for him then Rags...

Dr Seldon

Mar 11, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
Ola said:
Great to see Tellqvist in the net. It was probably planned from the get go that both goalies would get a chance.

I think so too, or at least hope so. Since we start with back to back games it seems logical to let your backup start in one of those. And you usually start your backup against to side that looks weaker. Let's just hope that Tellqvist plays all the games from here on, and does it well.

SChan*

I predict a 2-2 tie actually. Swden is coming from a physical game, and the czechs are bound to show up.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Lundqvist should be in the net. Oh well, Tellqvist is better than Salo so anyways...

This should be a good game, especially if Czech Republic starts to play like they can. Then Sweden would be in a big trouble. But I predict a win for Sweden. After all, they are playing in Globen.

CZE - SWE . . . 1 - 3

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
Where is Stefan Liv? The man is not a sensation but on a normal day, he's better than Salo on a bad day. And Salo has many bad days.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Bonde 007 said:
Have anybody read/heard anything of the status of P J Axelsson?

Nothing more that in Aftonbladet it says they don't think it's anything serious, and that they will see how he's doing during the pregame warmup and decide if he'll play today after the warmup. But that if he's in pain they'll take him to hospital to get the foot x-rayed. But that's it, haven't heard anything else so far. Hope he's okay though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fulcrum said:
agreed. :)
But i had a question. What do the players think when they meet each other on the ice when their opposing each other. Like today in the CAN. US game, Rhegher(SP?) checked Conroy, both Flames. Isn't it awkward?

They're wearing different sweaters, doesn't matter who is hitting who.

The Czechs get dominated against Finland, so the character of this team will be seen tonight.

I also think after the olympics, the Swedes are poessessed. They will win 5-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad