• Portugal

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Keeper thought he couldn't hit that corner. Wow.

I think so too, you could see Sommer crouching a bit to his left, probably anticipating a shot into the bottom back corner.

So he just couldn't cover the near top corner anymore from that position, especially for a bullet shot like that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Great save by Costa, but what is Schar doing on that follow up?
So he just couldn't cover the near top corner anymore from that position, especially for a bullet shot like that.
There's pretty much no way to cover that top corner on that hard of a shot unless your hands are already there. And you should never have your hands already there.

Reactions: Tryamw

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Great save by Costa, but what is Schar doing on that follow up?

There's pretty much no way to cover that top corner on that hard of a shot unless your hands are already there. And you should never have your hands already there.

I remember peak Manuel Neuer making that type of saves, usually with one hand, not actually stopping it, but directing it over / into woodwork. But he had different positioning to Sommer, usually leaving his back leg to cover the low shot into the back bottom corner. But improving his chances to near post shots.

So just a different approach to that kind of chances from Neuer.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I remember peak Manuel Neuer making that type of saves, usually with one hand, not actually stopping it, but directing it over / into woodwork. But he had different positioning to Sommer, usually leaving his back leg to cover the low shot into the back bottom corner. But improving his chances to near post shots.

So just a different approach to that kind of chances from Neuer.
I mean, peak Manuel Neuer was the best goalkeeper of all time, so that's not exactly a fair comparison

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lol

1670356692469.png

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ramos making his presence known.

Likely the end of Ronaldo with Portugal. He stays a sub for the rest of this tournament and then retires.

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad