Who Advances?

• Croatia

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Japan

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Japan's subs were confusing. It seemed like they took off all their best players.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Agree to disagree on this. I missed their last game against Cameroon, but even before today, they've been one of the most impressive teams at this tourney.
Respect. Unfortunately I watched the Cameroon match. I didn't see the Brazil Serbia match. In anycase Brazil have properly checked into the tournament in style.

That said Korea defending has been abysmal.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Agree to disagree on this. I missed their last game against Cameroon, but even before today, they've been one of the most impressive teams at this tourney.
To be fair, you basically said except for their worst match, they've looked good. Same with Germany.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
To be fair, you basically said except for their worst match, they've looked good. Same with Germany.
Due to groups Germany didn't get the benefit of an off day. Germany played two reasonable matches and out. Most teams in the tournament only played well in one or two games in group stage.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Happy we have moved on and I am going to take the day to enjoy the win. It will certainly be a tall task to take out Brazil.

For a small country, Croatia’s World Cup pedigree speaks for itself. Ajmo Vatreni!
A Brazil team that started its actual best midfield? Matches up well against Croatia. One that insists on leaving Guimaraes and Fabinho out? Different story.

However, Croatia have been pretty toothless offensively except for against Canada, so I'm not sure I love them against Marquinhos and Thiago Silva (who are arguably the two best CBs at the tournament, and are definitely the best pairing).

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
A Brazil team that started its actual best midfield? Matches up well against Croatia. One that insists on leaving Guimaraes and Fabinho out? Different story.

However, Croatia have been pretty toothless offensively except for against Canada, so I'm not sure I love them against Marquinhos and Thiago Silva (who are arguably the two best CBs at the tournament, and are definitely the best pairing).
That’s why I said it would be a tall task.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Japan's subs were confusing. It seemed like they took off all their best players.
Croatia took off Modric, Kovacic, Perisic and Kramaric.
They were spent. 4 games in 12 days will do that. I imagine the Japanese guys were going through something similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad