• England

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • France

Votes: 42 76.4%

• Total voters

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That's got to be it for Southgate. I hope the next manager can come in and play some more fluid football. Lot's of talent on this English team, they should use it more.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Watching the replays of the second French goal and it's crazy how bad Rice and Stones were. Rice had no one above him and just let Giroud run off him and Stones had no one in front of him but didn't collapse back at all and just casually let the ball go over his head.
Nah Rice is sooooo good, remember. He was perfect this game.
Contrary to Tchouameni who did give up a goal, but scored a screamer, tackled everywhere, blocked the whole midfield and covered the right side to help Kounde all game long.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
True. Not on his color though :D
Ya, but knobs are knobs. Just go take a look at Disasi's Instagram page, tons of Moroccans have flooded his pictures with monkey emoji's and nasty comments because he injured Harit.

Social media basically handed a megaphone to the lowest of the low in society. It is what it is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ya, but knobs are knobs. Just go take a look at Disasi's Instagram page, tons of Moroccans have flooded his pictures with monkey emoji's and nasty comments because he injured Harit.
I know and I specifically said it wasn't an english only thing. Mbappe got abused last Euro.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kane had a wonderful game. His only fault was the missed penalty. Rest was damn near perfect.

But as I said, Giroud torches him career wise.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Watching the replays of the second French goal and it's crazy how bad Rice and Stones were. Rice had no one above him and just let Giroud run off him and Stones had no one in front of him but didn't collapse back at all and just casually let the ball go over his head.
Trying to pin that goal on Rice is insanity. It's not his mark and he's expecting either Stones to read the ball at his near post or Maguire to if not outright win the ball, at least put off the man he's tracking. Instead, Stones doesn't challenge for the ball whatsoever. The path of the ball literally isn't even in his path to cut it off as he's turning towards his goal. If it goes over anyone's head it's Stone's.

(sorry I got the players backwards, it was Stones in that position)

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kane will absolutely catch a ton of heat. Especially since he hasn't won shit at a club level either. The whole "Kane has a loser mentality" thing will become an even bigger thing. Some people already talked about it in this thread.

Who has missed PKs this tournament?

Messi, Lewandowski, Davies, Kane, Busquets…

Reactions: I am not exposed

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Rice got schooled on the first goal as well, Mbappe dragging Rice away from his central position allowed Tchouameni the time to get his shot off and score.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rice got schooled on the first goal as well, Mbappe dragging Rice away from his central position allowed Tchouameni the time to get his shot off and score.
And he actually fouled Mbappe because he couldn't take the ball from him, nor even slow him down.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I wasn't a big believer in Saka, but man did he have a game.

It was incredibly stupid to take him off.

Congratulations to France, they were an inch better. Well deserved.

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That's got to be it for Southgate. I hope the next manager can come in and play some more fluid football. Lot's of talent on this English team, they should use it more.

England's strength is their attacking talent, who are still young enough for a few more tournaments, so the manager should certainly make his tactics take full advantage of that.

Reactions: robertmac43

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If you're going to go that far back to assign blame for a shot from 30 yards out, you may as well go even further back and say it's on Bellingham for whiffing on the tackle on Upamecano and then running to cover in central defense when they already had four guys covering Giroud, which made him late to rotate. Picking either of those is overthinking it, IMO.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If you're going to go that far back to assign blame for a shot from 30 yards out, you may as well go even further back and say it's on Bellingham for whiffing on the tackle on Upamecano and then running to cover in central defense when they already had four guys covering Giroud, which made him late to rotate. Picking either of those is overthinking it, IMO.

Not IMO, creating space is often crucial for scoring. Bellingham certainly deserves some flack for that too. It's like kids running after the ball and watching only where the ball is.

But you often see this happening, players not anticipating enough and only ball watching, instead of figuring out where the surrounding players are or where the late runs might be coming into.

I often wonder if the teams don't practice this enough. Especially for short tournaments this type of combination play should be priority, since manager/coaches don't have to worry about developing individual players, their technique etc.

So in this sense, it's good to see a team like Morocco, who clearly have invested a lot of effort and time to work on their teamwork.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad