GWT: World Cup - Group C (Poland and Argentina Advance)

Who Advances?

• Argentina

Votes: 63 94.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Mexico

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Honestly though, If a team fouls a lot and picks up Yellow cards, many times denying attacks on their goal, it should be a fair tiebreaker when all other options are equal.
For sure. But on the same token I’m glad the KSA goal meant it didn’t come down to that

Reactions: Cirris

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Poland don’t deserve to go through, showed no effort or heart against Argentina. They’re going to get steamrolled by France. Mexico would’ve given a better effort against France than we’ll see by Poland.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Poland don’t deserve to go through, showed no effort or heart against Argentina. They’re going to get steamrolled by France. Mexico would’ve given a better effort against France than we’ll see by Poland.
So by that logic Mexico didn’t deserve it either.

Mexico probably advance if they didn’t try to out 0-0 Poland match day 1

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is beyond cringe

In line with the Fox coverage so far though. Not surprising

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is a bad faith argument as the only reason KSA was able to score was due to Mexico pressing because of that tiebreaker
That’s not my argument. Nothing ulterior here; quite literally I am saying that I am happy that we don’t have to hear the arguments about yellow cards as a tiebreaker because KSA took it out of the equation

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Survive your group, all that matters. People posting that how your look or the effort you give should matter are just misguided. Teams play to situation with clear rules on how to advance.

If some of you are so certain France will destroy Poland why aren't you betting every single cent you have on that happening? Talk is cheap on a posting site, let's see some real conviction.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Btw if earlier anyone bet the Argentina-Mexico win parlay they would have made a killing. Can't bet on the next games so I have the real conviction of posting here and that's all you guys get.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Survive your group, all that matters. People posting that how your look or the effort you give should matter are just misguided. Teams play to situation with clear rules on how to advance.

If some of you are so certain France will destroy Poland why aren't you betting every single cent you have on that happening? Talk is cheap on a posting site, let's see some real conviction.
Maybe that's all that matters for unambitious teams like Poland. They were on the precipice of being eliminated and still didn't try to get a goal that would have helped them immensely, instead they relied on Argentina being kind and hoped Mexico didn't win by a bigger margin. Yet somehow you're touchy that it wasn't well-received by neutrals.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi and Lewa had a nice long chat at the end... just saying.

Enzo firmly booked his place I think. Scaloni trusted him in an elimination game and it proved wonders. He will never go back now. Alexis as well. I thought Cuti struggled to handle Lewa's strength but did well other otherwise. Good that he got the 90 minutes, he should get better as he progresses in the tournament. Otamendi again proves he's immense for the team no matter how much I rate Lisandro Otamendi is undroppable until he slips for the NT.

Alvarez should and could've done better on a lot of his chances but life of a striker. I dont know what Scaloni will do on Saturday.

Say what you will about Poland's tactics but this isn't a minnow European side, Argentina just man handled them. They're getting better every game. and some want more Euro teams....

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's like we said when the Euros and Copa America were on at the same time last summer. You notice some of these European teams play and they're extremely unambitious while teams from elsewhere may not be as talented but they play with a whole lot more ambition. But in this tournament it appears that middle tier European teams are playing more negatively and getting ruthlessly punished for it by teams from everywhere else in the world (not just SA).

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What a pathetic, embarrassing effort by us and I am not even blaming the players, but that rubbish manager. Argentina is absolutely there for the taking and he decides that the team should play not to lose compared to playing to win the game. Any club or nation that plays not to lose ALWAYS effin' loses. Now we get to play France because of the shear incompetence of the manager. I am fuming.

Reactions: luiginb

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Enzo firmly booked his place I think. Scaloni trusted him in an elimination game and it proved wonders. He will never go back now. Alexis as well. I thought Cuti struggled to handle Lewa's strength but did well other otherwise. Good that he got the 90 minutes, he should get better as he progresses in the tournament. Otamendi again proves he's immense for the team no matter how much I rate Lisandro Otamendi is undroppable until he slips for the NT.

Alvarez should and could've done better on a lot of his chances but life of a striker. I dont know what Scaloni will do on Saturday.

Say what you will about Poland's tactics but this isn't a minnow European side, Argentina just man handled them. They're getting better every game. and some want more Euro teams....

That was the Argentina I picked to win the cup

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Messi already recruiting for Miami so he doesn't need to carry them alone :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad