World Cup: World Cup 2026 - Pre Tournament Thread

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
R16 game in Philly on July 4th (250 year celebration no less) is going to be wild.

People underestimate how shitty it is to travel to MetLife, and tbh it's a pretty crappy stadium. SoFi or Atlanta would have been better choices for the final.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I read though during the WC public transportation will be free? I assume only ticket holders only

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
R16 game in Philly on July 4th (250 year celebration no less) is going to be wild.

People underestimate how shitty it is to travel to MetLife, and tbh it's a pretty crappy stadium. SoFi or Atlanta would have been better choices for the final.
Philadelphia is also going to host the MLB all-star game in 2026. Presumably not on the same day as the WC Final. But probably not too far off.

Reactions: KJS14

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, that doesn't have any direct connections to NYC. MetLife has public transit connections but it's definitely not well connected.

Bus would work too no? Again, that's a better option than everyone HAVING to drive into Arlington. There is 0 connections whatsoever to Arlington from Dallas.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Bus would work too no? Again, that's a better option than everyone HAVING to drive into Arlington. There is 0 connections whatsoever to Arlington from Dallas.
Sure, but the bus system is even worse. When I went to arsenal/united, I got there after halftime despite getting to the bus station well in advance of a bus that was to arrive 15 minutes before kickoff.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Sure, but the bus system is even worse. When I went to arsenal/united, I got there after halftime despite getting to the bus station well in advance of a bus that was to arrive 15 minutes before kickoff.

That was a one-off cash grab preseason friendly. NJ, NYC, FIFA will be on their A game for this one.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That was a one-off cash grab preseason friendly. NJ, NYC, FIFA will be on their A game for this one.
I heard similar issues from security at MetLife occurred at the Taylor Swift concert, except it was worse for that game. Maybe they'll radically fix that Port Authority in time for the game, but I'm skeptical. Especially given how few folks will be from America, let alone NYC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad