Pre-Game Talk: World Cup 2014 in Brazil: Predictions

arsmaster*

Germany should take it. Ozil has been ***** this season for the Arse, but they are still strong. I really like Belgium. Very good team. The Question will be if they can all come together and deal with the pressure.

If Fifa have anything to do with it(wink wink) then Brazil will win this thing.

Ozil has had a few bad performances lately but if that's **** I'll take more **** on my team.

I agree he hasn't dominated many games, but I don't think it's fair to put arsenal team failures on only ozil.

Ok I'm done. Even if ozil isn't good at the WC, Germany has multiple players who could slot in.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
I will cheer for Ghana first and any other underdog non-Euro/SA team second. (I'll accept Bosnia and Croatia, however.)

Once they're all eliminated, I'll choose a real team to support the rest of the way. Usually I choose Germany, last WC I latched on to Spain (turned out well for me), so I'll likely go with one of those again. Anyone but Brazil.

I have no connection to any other nation, so I'm always a free agent when it comes to picking teams. I have a soft spot for Ghana, though. I've enjoyed watching them the past couple WCs.

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
Hasn't this been predicted every Euro and every World Cup since forever? Not that they can't do it - Germany is full of some damn good talent, but they always seem to struggle in the big events.

I wonder if Klose can continue his World Cup scoring to take the top spot all-time.

Not really, in Euro 2012 they had some pretty young guys mixed in with some wily vets, and were considered sort of a team on the cusp, the semi-final appearance was actually somewhat of a mild surprise (although they still should have beat Italy). It was also only the 2nd international appearance without argubly the greatest player in the countries history. Now, those young guys (like Ozil) are now 2 years more experienced, have had time to play with the vets and they look poised to do very well in Brazil.

Last edited:

BlueNuck

Nov 1, 2011
Ozil has had a few bad performances lately but if that's **** I'll take more **** on my team.

I agree he hasn't dominated many games, but I don't think it's fair to put arsenal team failures on only ozil.

Ok I'm done. Even if ozil isn't good at the WC, Germany has multiple players who could slot in.

Never put the "failures" on Ozil. Just said he has looked like *****, and overall, he has.

And what are these "Failures" you speak of??? What's this year going to be? The 16th straight year you've made it to CL?

Try being a Toffee fan.... But I guess we are both Canuck fans so we do know a little bit about failure. :(

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
I just can't see too many teams competing with the midfield of:

Reus
Goetze
Ozil
Schweinsteiger
Schurrle
Gundogan (if healthy)
Mueller
Bender