GDT: World Championships

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hextall is running team Canada. Horvat should get a call. Stecher even maybe ?

I can’t remember who Tweeted it (maybe Patterson) but I heard Horvat won’t be going to the worlds as he is getting married this summer. Boeser is also a no due to not having a contract at this point.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I can’t remember who Tweeted it (maybe Patterson) but I heard Horvat won’t be going to the worlds as he is getting married this summer. Boeser is also a no due to not having a contract at this point.

Worlds is in May ? Why would it matter if Horvat is getting married in the summer ?

What if Canucks had made the playoffs and made a run ?

Lol guess Horvat wouldnt have been been available for playoffs.

This reminds me of when Shane Obrien bought tickets to a music festival at the beginning of the season. The festival was during playoffs...lol SOB just new they were gonna suck

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Worlds is in May ? Why would it matter if Horvat is getting married in the summer ?

This reminds me of when Shane Obrien bought tickets to a music festival at the beginning of the season. The festival was during playoffs...lol SOB just new they were gonna suck

Maybe you don't wanna go into your wedding ceremony with a boot on your ankle

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe you don't wanna go into your wedding ceremony with a boot on your ankle

My point was why book a wedding so close to hockey season...did Horvat not have faith we were going to make playoffs?

I doubt he booked his wedding in June.

My guess is he has some injuries and nics that hes playing through but doesnt wsnt to disclose so hes using his wedding as an excuse not to go to Worlds.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

There are some players who need a good off season to train and work on their weaknesses to improve.

Worlds end around Victoria Day in Canada. Or round 3 of the cup. Wish it started during round 1 of the playoffs so that the players who go can still get in a vacation afterwards before they begin training.

Take a mental and physical break in April. Plan out your regiment and put in the work starting in May. Gives them 10-12 weeks before they push in August to get into game shape.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Guys, a poster said Horvat is getting married in the summer

FACT: this isnt a fact
FACT: is a rumour
FACT: summer is AFTER nhl playoffs anyways
FACT: :yo:

Reactions: Slapshot_11

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Guys, a poster said Horvat is getting married in the summer

FACT: this isnt a fact
FACT: is a rumour
FACT: summer is AFTER nhl playoffs anyways
FACT: :yo:
Radio 650 guys just congratulated Bo (and his fiancé- Holly) for his coming wedding. They added that Bo had said, that because of his coming wedding, he would decline playing in the world’s if asked.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Radio 650 guys just congratulated Bo (and his fiancé- Holly) for his coming wedding. They added that Bo had said, that because of his coming wedding, he would decline playing in the world’s if asked.
Thanks for adding more info Larry

New FACT: wedding would NOT have effected if he played in playoffs
FACT: Bo=Beast

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Bo probably shouldn't be the captain over Wedding-gate then right?

member 290103

Horvats wedding is July 19 th.

Same day as Derek Pouliots. Lol. Going to be like that episode of the Sooranos when no one show me up to Paulies moms funeral as they are all attending Carmine Lupertazzis instead.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Will Boeser get an invite for the U.S. team? And what about Markstrom for Team Sweden? Edler has represented Tri=Kronor in the past, but without a contract for next season, he'd probably decline.

And finally what happens to Pettersson, who played in this tournament last year? I'm sort of torn. On the one hand, this tournament did wonders for Quinn Hughes last year. But most of the rest of the Canucks have had a long, trying season filled with injuries and a lot of losing. Might be better for them just to get on their off-season workouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad