World Championships thread (Eichel, ROR, Girgs going)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LaxSabre - Game On! Canada vs Sweden - 2017 IIHF Mens World Championship Gold Medal Game! Go Canada! Go O'Reilly!

@IIHFHockey - The first penalty of the game is a tripping call to Canada, Matheson heads to the box for tripping. #CANvsSWE
05:56 - 2 Min - Canada Penalty - #19 - MATHESON Mike - Tripping - (LaxSabre - Canada killed the penalty - still 0-0 - now 9 minutes into the First Period.)
@IIHFHockey - Canada back to full strength, still scoreless.

@IIHFHockey - Another penalty call against @HC_Men, this one is a slashing call to Alex Killorn.
13:08 - 2 Min - Canada Penalty - #71 - KILLORN Alex - Slashing. (LaxSabre - Canada killed the penalty - still 0-0 - 4 minutes left in First Period.)
@IIHFHockey - Killorn is freed! Canada back to full strength. Still no score here in Cologne.

@IIHFHockey - After 20 minutes - no score in the gold medal game.
LaxSabre - End First Period - Canada 0 Sweden 0 - Canada has killed two Sweden power-plays. Shots On Goal - First Period - Sweden 12 Canada 10.

LaxSabre - Game On! Second Period! 2017 IIHF Mens World Championship Gold Medal Game - Canada 0 Sweden 0.

@IIHFHockey - Penalty - Backstrom - Sweden - Holding. Canada to their first power-play of the game.
(LaxSabre - Sweden killed the penalty - still scoreless - now 5 minutes into Second Period.)
20:50 - 2 Min - Sweden Penalty - #19 - BACKSTROM Nicklas - Holding.

@IIHFHockey - Power-Play for Sweden - Morrissey of Canada to the box - two minutes for holding.
30:55 - 2 Min - Canada Penalty - #7 - MORRISSEY Josh - Holding.
(LaxSabre - Canada killed the penalty - still scoreless - 12 minutes into Second Period.)

39:17 - 2 Min - Sweden Penalty - #19 - BACKSTROM Nicklas - Slashing.

39:39 - 0-1 - SHG - Sweden Goal #1 - #77 - HEDMAN Victor - Unassisted.

LaxSabre - End Of Second Period - Canada 0 Sweden 1. Hedman with the Sweden goal - unassisted-shorthanded - in the final minute of the Second Period.
Each team killed off a penalty in the Second Period. Canada will still be on the power-play for 1:17 heading into the Third Period.
Shots On Goal - Second Period - Canada 12 Sweden 6 - Game - Canada 22 Sweden 18.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LaxSabre - Well I posted a picture of O'Reilly yesterday when Canada was down 2-0 and they came back to win.
Might as well do it again today and this time I'm doing it a tad early as I want them to tie the game 1-1. Comon Canada! Go O'Reilly!

LaxSabre - Game On! Third Period Underway! - 2017 IIHF Mens World Championship - Gold Medal Game - Sweden leads Canada 1-0.

LaxSabre - Canada gets an early power-play - 41:48 - 2 Min - Sweden Penalty - #28 - LINDHOLM Elias - High Sticking.

LaxSabre - WOW! It worked! and O'Reilly did it! bangs home a rebound. Canada ties it up 1-1! Power-Play Goal scored by RYAN O'REILLY!
41:58 - 1-1 - PPG - Canada Goal - #90 - O'REILLY Ryan - Assists - #16 - MARNER Mitch - #29 - MACKINNON Nate.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Ryan O'Reilly just scores the game tying goal in the third after scoring the game winning goal yesterday.

He's playing easily more than any Canadian forward and is leading the tournament with a faceoff percentage over 70 percent. Total beast.

If Canada wins gold ROR is the player of the tournament.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Give him the C and let him do this stuff for our team in the playoffs next season.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised to see O'Reilly become a consistent 70+ point player, so talented.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
ROR's amazing play at wing in this tournament is yet another reminder of the options our previous coach had but never really took advantage of.

He is such a versatile player.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
ROR's amazing play at wing in this tournament is yet another reminder of the options our previous coach had but never took advantage of.

Not only that, he's playing on the right side with Giroux and Simmonds. Just a machine -- and it was so not a surprise that he got that goal back.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Might get myself a ROR jersey for whenever they start selling the outdoor game jerseys. Has me excited for his play next season.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Might get myself a ROR jersey for whenever they start selling the outdoor game jerseys. Has me excited for his play next season.

+1 I hope the design is good. If I get a jersey it's either Risto or ROR. Shame it's not so easy to get these across the pond but maybe because it's winter classic they would make them more available.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@IIHFHockey - PENALTY Canada - Mike Matheson heads to the box for tripping.
56:42 - 2 Min - Canada Penalty - #19 - MATHESON Mike - Tripping.
(LaxSabre - Sweden kills the penalty - less than two minutes remaining in the third period.)

LaxSabre - Sweden called for too many men - late power-play for Canada.
@IIHFHockey - Canada will have a late PP. Sweden - Too Many Men call.
58:36 - 2 Min - Sweden Penalty - Team Penalty - Too Many Men On The Ice.

@IIHFHockey - OVERTIME for the GOLD MEDALl!! Canada 1-1 Sweden.
@HC_Men - We’re going to overtime tied 1-1 between Canada and Sweden.
LaxSabre - End Third Period - Canada 1 Sweden 1 - We are going to overtime in the 2017 IIHF Mens World Championship Gold Medal Game!
Canada ties the game at one on a Ryan O'Reilly Power-Play Goal. Shots On Goal - Third Period - Sweden 12 Canada 11 - Shots On Goal - Game - Canada 33 Sweden 30.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - GAME ON! Overtime! - 2017 IIHF Mens World Championship - Gold Medal Game - Canada 1 Sweden 1.
@IIHFHockey - Overtime Begins Now. #CANvsSWE #IIHFWorlds
@HC_Men - Overtime Is Underway! #IIHFWorlds #CANvsSWE

LaxSabre - Sweden kills off rest of the power-play - 36 seconds - Canada had going into the overtime.

@IIHFHockey - Penalty Canada - Couturier for tripping.
69:07 - 2 Min - Canada Penalty - #14 - COUTURIER Sean - Tripping.
(LaxSabre - Canada kills the Sweden power-play - gold medal game remains tied 1-1 - now 12 minutes into the overtime.)

LaxSabre - End Overtime - Canada 1 Sweden 1 - Shots On Goal - Overtime - Sweden 11 Canada 10 - Game - Canada 43 - Sweden 41.
@HC_Men - Overtime solves nothing and Canada and Sweden will head to a shootout to decide a winner tied 1-1.
@IIHFHockey - No decision after 20 mins of overtime. Shootout starts in a few minutes, we go 5 rounds. #IIHFWorlds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad