HF Habs: World Championship

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
HuGo watching Armia play like that just before the off-season

1653788634432.png

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
WOW ! Where was this player the last few months ? Is he just another "victim" of bad casting in MTL like Danault and Lehky were ?
He was on the bench. Has been since 19-20. He has a role in the Finnish team.

Thus World Tournament is a joke without the best players in the world not being able to play in.
The best players available or the best players, after all, the difference is really marginal in the strenght relations between the top5 countries. It's not a joke, at all.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just realized that Galchenyuk just completed his 10th NHL season. He's played over 600 NHL games. Damn.

Technically, he counts as a successful draft pick.

He's still only 28 too, and according to Cap Friendly has earned almost $32m.

Always liked Chucky. Too bad he couldn't smooth out his career. He really needed a quality skating coach.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
U.S. crashed & burned in the opening minutes of 3rd. 5-3.

How is Swayman a starting goalie? His glove hand absolutely sucks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Am I supposed to take a tournament seriously when Joel Armia looks like a top line forward?

What I'm taking away from this tournament is that Farrell has found a way to produce and make himself valuable in all 3 zones and phases of the game, against men and pros.

A little more first step explosiveness and we've got a really good player since he's thriving with his size. He's our Palat.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
What I'm taking away from this tournament is that Farrell has found a way to produce and make himself valuable in all 3 zones and phases of the game, against men and pros.

A little more first step explosiveness and we've got a really good player since he's thriving with his size. He's our Palat.
What is interesting about Farell is that he’s been trending upwards. He has improved in many areas of his game and like you mentioned, he also demonstrated vs pros.

Looks like he will be a stud. Cross fingers he continues to progress.

I would argue Armia has all the tools but really concentrates on playing the « Wright » way.
No comparison.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Palat is diesel though, a pure brick wall. His physical play is a big part of his game.

Am I supposed to take a tournament seriously when Joel Armia looks like a top line forward?

I’m sure all of Canada’s boys were in bed by 10PM the night before the Denmark game. Or the Kazakh game. Or the Italy game….

For young guys, sure - they have money on the line, and scouts to impress.

For established NHL’ers, this is a working vacation, with the emphasis on vacation.

Fun bonus hockey though, and a good opp to take second/third looks at what are clearly some excellent top prospects.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Farrell's looking like a very nice pick but we might want to hold the horses. Palat is 6 feet tall and 195 lbs. Farrell is 5ft9 and 175 lbs. Palat was in the NHL for good before he turned 21. Farrell will turn 21 in five months. Palat was a much better rounded player (has finished top 10 in Selke votes) and had 59 points in his first NHL season.

I love Farrell's trajectory since we drafted him and it's great that he performed well at Olympics and World Championships at age 18 but there's likely a far better chance of him having a Charles Hudon type of career than a Palat type of career.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
What is interesting about Farell is that he’s been trending upwards. He has improved in many areas of his game and like you mentioned, he also demonstrated vs pros.

Looks like he will be a stud. Cross fingers he continues to progress.

No comparison.
Not comparing players (Wright to Armia) ;) Armia does play a very safe nhl game for a guy that big, with that skating, that insane board play and hands. Even his shot is good.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Not comparing players (Wright to Armia) ;) Armia does play a very safe nhl game for a guy that big, with that skating, that insane board play and hands. Even his shot is good.
He has extremely low hockey sense. Usually makes the 3rd/4th/5th best play available to him while a guy like Suzuki or Wright is consistently making the effective play by instinct.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Armia is one of those players that has you wanting more. Size and skill but rarely produces on a consistent basis. He's an enigma. Should be much better than he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad