HF Habs: World Championship

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He has been super impressive this game. Trusted by his coach in all situations and creating pro level offense.

Yeah. No idea why he's going back to Harvard. He looks pro-ready. He should be in Laval next year.

Every time I see Farrell do what he does at any level, I'm reminded of Caufield's tweet after Habs selected Farrell:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Didn't think I'd ever say that....but while we still need to be big, we should move from Josh Anderson. I hate players that have so many attributes and just don't care in using them. Or using them partially. Trade him to somebody that thinks he'll finally explode into what he should.

Should be drafting nothing but offensive upside in forwards and d men this year.

I NEVER want to hear in a draft how we might have gotten a very fine 4th liner. Every player you pick should have offense. proven right now. THEN, if they can't translate it in higher leagues, well MOST FILLERS have proven offense in lower leagues. That way, you give yourself 2 chances to get a good player. Instead of AIMING for good defensive ones...like the Chipchura pick as Timmins had already called him a fine 3rd line to be....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Case in point of being careful in assessing a player.....Kent Johnson. The guy was abysmal in the NCAA tournament. 7 points in the WC.

Reactions: Wats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Should be drafting nothing but offensive upside in forwards and d men this year.

I agree. They've drafted less offensively talented F and D, who could play more defensive roles.

Now it's time to add to that with offensive talent, both on F and D so they can complement those already drafted.

You need a Petry to play with an Edmundson. You can't have an Edmundson paired up with another Edmundson on one pair. And your other pair is a Savard paired with a Savard.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Jul 6, 2016
Harris not allowed to play because US Team had kept open spots for players who lost in the SC first round series. They had injuries in D but had to play with only 4 healthy d men . The rest of the eligible spots having been given to forwards.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Harris not allowed to play because US Team had kept open spots for players who lost in the SC first round series. They had injuries in D but had to play with only 4 healthy d men . The rest of the eligible spots having been given to forwards.
Hopefully he can come back in time for AHL playoffs.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don't get this Canadian team. They lost convincingly to Switzerland, and then lost to Denmark maybe something to do with the 25 minute penalty to Comtois, but now they are playing in the final? What happened?

They were pretty good in the game against Sweden, just couldn't score without the extra man. Didn't look like they should be in the finals.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I don't get this Canadian team. They lost convincingly to Switzerland, and then lost to Denmark maybe something to do with the 25 minute penalty to Comtois, but now they are playing in the final? What happened?

They were pretty good in the game against Sweden, just couldn't score without the extra man. Didn't look like they should be in the finals.
These teams that get whipped together in a short span often take several games to get in sync. I believe it was last year when Canada started 0 and 3 and looked awful but then came back to win the tournament.

Hopefully he can come back in time for AHL playoffs.
Harris isn't eligible for AHL playoffs because of when he signed his NHL contract.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad