HF Habs: World Championship

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I don't foresee anything.

He said himself he probably won't go but it depends on where he is.
Suzuki Ready to Play At World’s, Price Likely Won’t
"Carey Price, who has just returned to the Montreal Canadiens after nine long months, wasn’t as enthusiastic about the opportunity to play at the Worlds as Suzuki was. Although he’s always wanted to take part in the tournament, Price would likely be better served spending the summer relaxing and strengthening of his knee for the full grind of an NHL season."

Got it! Price is one of those:shakehead

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Wouldn’t be bad for our best player who played every single game of that shi*** season to at least win something this year

Reactions: Gravity

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not even close. Anyways I doubt that Team Canada would even want him,better options than him.
Driedger, Hill, Reimer, Hart, Jones, Blackwood, Allen, Montembeault, Tokarski, Comrie, Holtby and Wedgewood.

Not a great list. I see no clear choice.

Skinner, Elliot, Talbot, Smith, Thompson, Kuemper, Jarry and Fleury are on PO teams and won't be available.

Maybe they go with Devon Levi?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Not even close. Anyways I doubt that Team Canada would even want him,better options than him.

This tournament typically doesn't get the high profile stars to come out at least from the north American side of things. It's tough tournament to recruit for, and if you don't believe me, just look at past rosters they have sent out versus who was eligible.

There may have been some slight thought of going just to get some more playing time, but it still would have been a shock to see him go.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
And for anyone who doesn't get it. Suz, after too short an off-season,
played as the only real top 6 center on habs this season. He payed every
game, mostly under very difficult curcumstances. And with way too little
veteran support. Now some people want to punish him, by preventing him
from getting a rest, recovery time,, or a chance to prepare for next season.
I do hope, that whomever advises this young player, isn't this stupid!
Yikes….How do I respond without getting banned….Ok….So if we were in the playoffs you would want to sit Suzuki because he played every game and he needs to rest up for next season. This is the equivalent to what you are saying. Playing 2 weeks at the WC will not affect Suzuki. We want them to play and gain experience. Will be good for him and Caufield to play in this tournament.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price is done unfortunately.
Because he had one bad game? He’s spent the last 9+ months rehabbing a surgery on top of addiction issues. He’s essentially in preseason form injected into the home stretch of the season against guys who’ve been playing all year on the second worst team in the entire league. He’s fine as long as his body holds up.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Because he had one bad game? He’s spent the last 9+ months rehabbing a surgery on top of addiction issues. He’s essentially in preseason form injected into the home stretch of the season against guys who’ve been playing all year on the second worst team in the entire league. He’s fine as long as his body holds up.
Sounds promising! He’ll be 35 this August. So, according to your post? Next season we will have a 35 year old tender that basically needed the entire season to rehab from a busted knee and drugs? Lmfao! Nothing to be concerned about. He just needs to get the rust off.. Fantastic brother! Thank you!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Sounds promising! He’ll be 35 this August. So, according to your post? Next season we will have a 35 year old tender that basically needed the entire season to rehab from a busted knee and drugs? Lmfao! Nothing to be concerned about. He just needs to get the rust off.. Fantastic brother! Thank you!
I’m not concerned at all. Whenever he breaks down again, we throw him on LTIR and he calls it a career. We have a lot bigger issues then who our goaltender will be short term.

Reactions: cphabs

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
No no, you don't get to do that.

Say it in plain letters.
You trying to tell me what I can and can not do?:huh:

images.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad