Post-Game Talk: World Champions @ Columbus | Caps Win 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If someone passes him on the depth chart it’s because they have great depth at the position, not because Djoos is bad.

He is certainly limited but I’m just not understanding the hate right now from Maaco. Dude is a perfectly cromulent 5/6 D at this point.

Not saying bad, but he’s limited. I gave up trying to understand Maaco long ago.

Reactions: twabby

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Same and better was the assumed conversation for me, not someone else’s poor word choice initially. Not cheaper....Jesus. And he’s about to get a raise...then? Next.

Jun 15, 2007
Just because you can't read doesn't mean my wording was poor.

Jun 15, 2007
Lol why are you trying to turn a simple disagreement into a slap fight?

And thinking GMBM overpaid Wilson is not the same thing as hating Wilson. I love Wilson.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Djoos is a fine defenseman. He plays to his strengths and he will never be a physical defenseman and he shouldn’t try to be.

If he did you would have Connor Carrick. A small ineffective defenseman who tries to be physical but can’t and is awful all around because of it.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Djoos is a fine defenseman. He plays to his strengths and he will never be a physical defenseman and he shouldn’t try to be.

If he did you would have Connor Carrick. A small ineffective defenseman who tries to be physical but can’t and is awful all around because of it.

Totally this.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah Djoos should go, I can't think of a single Swedish defenseman who didn't play physical and survived the dead puck era by being smart and good positionally and won like 7 Norris trophies.

Dude Lidstrom had like 25 pounds on Djoos.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Oh he could “take a hit” alright. :naughty:

AssuredCircularAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Maatta and Djoos are both soft but that's a terrible comparison. Olli Maatta might be the worst skater in the league now that the enforcers are mostly gone.

I'm late to this thread but Maatta is another example of what injuries can do to a player. He looked like a rising superstar his freshman year in Pittsburgh but he's been wrecked by injuries and he's likely a shell of the player he could have become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad